29th - Shiloh Tactical Rimfire Match

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texasmusic
Posts in topic: 2

29th - Shiloh Tactical Rimfire Match

Post by texasmusic »

Join us on Thursday, Decmeber 29th at 6:30 pm for this year's end of year / holiday fun match.

This year the format will be a .22 caliber fun match.
.22 caliber guns only
Pistol or carbine (switch it up per stage if you want)
If you don't have a .22, there will be some for you to borrow
Max 10 rounds per stage
No reloads on the clock (unless you bring a .22 with lower capacity)
"Fun" targets and paper
There will be enough .22 ammo at the match that you don't have to bring any (unless you need something specific for your gun)

We'll hopefully get through 3-4 stages before starting our holiday party. There will be a prize table with picking order determined by raffle. To be eligible for the prize table, you must

1) Must be a current member of IDPA (please bring your IDPA card and/or receipt from headquarters)
2) Have shot with the club 6 or more times in 2011 prior to the Holiday match on 12/29/11. (Holiday match does not count towards year total)
3) Be present at Holiday match and fulfill both requirements above to be eligible for prize table.

Hope to see you there!
:thumbs2: For a rimfire match.

Been a while since my last match and I hope I can make this one. I've been practicing for this one since I was 10 years old :mrgreen:

I know some Shiloh guys roam around here. I hope you don't mind me reposting it here, if you don't want it up PM me I'll take it down.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 29th - Shiloh Tactical Rimfire Match

Post by cbunt1 »

nope, don't take it down...the more the merrier!
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Do you know if the .22 rimfire pistols will be shot from low ready, or will holsters be required?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

That reminds me as well, what about the dry firing protocol for this match? As in after you show clear, dry fire, re holster.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

texasmusic wrote:That reminds me as well, what about the dry firing protocol for this match? As in after you show clear, dry fire, re holster.
Good point, 'cause a few .22 pistols, like Buck Marks, aren't fond of a lot dry firing.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

adamcsills
Posts in topic: 3

Post by adamcsills »

http://www.shilohidpa.com/Content/EndOfYearMatch.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated rules, including the following updates from what's listed above:
* Optics, irons, lasers, etc. Shoot what you want, we'll separate division accordingly
* All stages from low ready (bring a bag or holster to put your gun away after you've shot)
* Hammer down is optional
* Eliminated the "switch it up per stage" wording - we're going to separate shooters by division, so you'll need to shoot the same thing the whole time

adamcsills

Post by adamcsills »

Copying the entire set of rules here (and will update if necessary):
Join us on Thursday, Decmeber 29th at 6:30 pm for this year's end of year / holiday fun match.

This year the format will be a .22 caliber fun match.
.22 caliber guns only
Pistol or carbine
Iron sights, lasers, holo sights, whatever you've got
If you don't have a .22, there will be some for you to borrow
Max 10 rounds per stage
No reloads on the clock (unless you bring a .22 with lower capacity)
"Fun" targets and paper
There will be enough .22 ammo at the match that you don't have to bring any (unless you need something specific for your gun)
All guns will be shot from low ready
Unload and show clear will be followed by optional hammer down, at the shooter's discretion (to avoid any issues with rimfire dry fire). If no dry fire and a safety exists, the safety will be engaged.

Shooters will be grouped into the following divisions:
Revolver - irons: SSR
Revolver - lasers/optics: ESR
Pistols - irons: SSP
Long guns - irons: CDP
Pistols/long guns - lasers/optics: ESP

No classifications will be used for this match.

We'll hopefully get through 3-4 stages before starting our holiday party. There will be a prize table with picking order determined by raffle. To be eligible for the prize table, you must

1) Must be a current member of IDPA (please bring your IDPA card and/or receipt from headquarters)
2) Have shot with the club 6 or more times in 2011 prior to the Holiday match on 12/29/11. (Holiday match does not count towards year total)
3) Be present at Holiday match and fulfill both requirements above to be eligible for prize table.

Hope to see you there!

adamcsills

Post by adamcsills »

Return to “Competitive Shooting”