Lone Star Shooting Association: New Game in Town

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
solaritx
Posts in topic: 3

Lone Star Shooting Association: New Game in Town

Post by solaritx »

Join us every Tuesday evening 6-9pm for an LSSA pistol match at the Spring Guns & Ammo range in Spring, Texas

What is LSSR???? The Lone Star Shooting Association is a new organization started by our own Gary Burris. One of the main elements of this organization is to support gun rights around the world. (Gary will be on the radio on Guns Over Texas later this month). How will they help support the gun rights....with money as well as support. How are they going to get the money???

Glad you asked. Club membership $35.00 year Individual membership $5.00 year (our own Greg G. from Comp-Tac is LSSA member #1....as always a great contributer to the shooting sports)

What kind of shooting???
Clubs (three in the Houston area already- WHIDPA and one at the Thunder Range and of course Gary's club at the Spring Guns and Ammo Range in Spring.... will put on either or both : pistol matches and/or 3 gun.

Pistol match: very similar to the hybred matches put on in the local Houston area but scoring is even simpler....neutralized or not. Fun and exciting stages.
3-gun: designed to blend with the "norm" of national 3 gun matches

LSSA is also developing a Youth Training Program using Airsofts to teach gun safety and bring youth into this and other gun sports.

Check it out at http://www.lssa.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I shot yesterday at the Spring Guns and Ammo Range with the LSSA group and I can say that I had as much fun as I had shooting over the last couple of years. Quick and fun, interesting with multiple ways to shoot scenarios (risk and reward) and great guys to shoot with. I would highly suggest anyone in the area try this shooting sport....even if Gregg Garrett did beat up on this old man.

Garry Newton

Topic author
solaritx

Re: Lone Star Shooting Association: New Game in Town

Post by solaritx »

Just a reminder.....after two weeks of no LSSA shoots (range digging for lead), WE WILL BE SHOOTING LSSA THIS TUESDAY 2/21/12.

Come out and try this new fun shooting sport that blends all the aspects of a hybred match with a quick and easy scoring system. Plus good hits = time bonus.

see you there.

Garry N

adamcsills
Posts in topic: 1

Post by adamcsills »

Someone on another forum got an email from SGA today:
NOTICE TO SGA CUSTOMERS
DUE TO COMPUTER AND NETWORK
ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL

THE STORE WILL BE CLOSED ON
MONDAY, TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY
FEBRUARY 27 - 29, 2012
TO RESET OUR SYSTEM WE WILL RESUME
REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS ON THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2012

We apologize for this unfortunate but necessary inconvenience.
Thank you and we'll see you at the range!
Is it safe to assume that'll cancel tomorrow's LSSA as well?

Topic author
solaritx

Post by solaritx »

I had been told by Gary B that the range was going to be closed to the public but that the matches (IDPA monday and LSSA Tue) would be going on as planned.

The match got cancelled last night and after talking with Gary B this am, seems that YEP...CANCELLED.

See you next Tue.

Garry

Return to “Competitive Shooting”