IDPA MATCH VIDEO JUNE 15 2013

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 3

IDPA MATCH VIDEO JUNE 15 2013

Post by jayinsat »

Here is a compilation video of my 3rd IDPA match yesterday at Cedar Ridge Range. I'm getting better in some areas. Seeing improvement. Enjoy.
[youtube][/youtube]
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

v-rog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IDPA MATCH VIDEO JUNE 15 2013

Post by v-rog »

Great video compliation. I like how you run mutiple cameras, angles, and views. It looks like you are doing good, focusing on accuracy, and not getting in a hurry to shoot. Keep up the good work.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

Thank you! :cheers2:
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

I've been looking into USPSA trying to see the difference between that and IDPA. The only thing I see different is that they don't require cover garments and higher round count/match. Is that the only difference? Thinking of starting to shoot USPSA also.

For those of you who shoot competitively, what are your opinions about them both? I don't have a lot of money to spend on a production gun and really will be using it to develop "muscle memory" for concealed carry (and fun, of course). I do plan to invest in some good tactical shooting courses but these seem like affordable options I can do regularly. Thoughts?
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCannon »

jayinsat wrote:I've been looking into USPSA trying to see the difference between that and IDPA. The only thing I see different is that they don't require cover garments and higher round count/match. Is that the only difference? Thinking of starting to shoot USPSA also.

For those of you who shoot competitively, what are your opinions about them both? I don't have a lot of money to spend on a production gun and really will be using it to develop "muscle memory" for concealed carry (and fun, of course). I do plan to invest in some good tactical shooting courses but these seem like affordable options I can do regularly. Thoughts?
USPSA: More flexibility, fewer rules, broader divisions, fierce competition at the upper end (Motto: "If you're not cheating, you don't want to win!" :lol: ). The experience you will have will vary with location and the match rules. USPSA also has multi-gun matches.
IDPA: Very structured, lots of rules, but much more "concealed carry friendly." This is a better place to start if you're an occasional shooter. Lots of fun.

Both are worth participating in to see which you prefer.

Almost forgot: The real question is - what do YOU want to get out of it? Both will give you a lifetime of opportunities to shoot in a friendly and competitive environment. USPSA will be the path you take if you really want to move into the more "Open" style pistol configurations (or you want to shoot multigun).
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”