IDPA Classifier near Houston?

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 3

IDPA Classifier near Houston?

Post by thatguy »

When and where might the next IDPA classifier be held in the Houston area? Preferably on Sunday... :mrgreen:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Re: IDPA Classifier near Houston?

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

thatguy wrote:When and where might the next IDPA classifier be held in the Houston area? Preferably on Sunday... :mrgreen:
Good luck. Most groups that I am aware of seem to have their classifiers near the beginning of the year.
Do you need it for an event? Most events permit unclassified players, even the larger sanctioned ones.

Check the local club sites near you and check the IPDA site too.
There's one in weatherford per IDPA (apparently monthly there)
http://members.idpa.com/Events/Details/6282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
thatguy wrote:When and where might the next IDPA classifier be held in the Houston area? Preferably on Sunday... :mrgreen:
Good luck. Most groups that I am aware of seem to have their classifiers near the beginning of the year.
Do you need it for an event? Most events permit unclassified players, even the larger sanctioned ones.

Check the local club sites near you and check the IPDA site too.
There's one in weatherford per IDPA (apparently monthly there)
http://members.idpa.com/Events/Details/6282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, not for an event yet but I work most Saturdays and am just looking...thanks for the info.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

If you work saturdays do you compete during the weekday or sundays? The two clubs I frequent typically will hold classifiers at the same time as their normal meet, for just that reason.

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cbunt1 »

Reach out to the Thunder Tactical Shooters. At one point Al Liczwek was willing to run a classifier almost any Sunday (time and schedule permitting, of course) for a shooter who needed one. If Al's not available, they have several experienced SO's who might be able to make it work.

Thunder's website is http://tts-idpa.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know of any other currently scheduled classifiers in the near future, but if you're in a bind (for a major upcoming match or something) I'm sure you're not the only one, and maybe we can pull something together. Often the challenge is finding range time & space for the classifier, since it requires a full 20-25 yard bay.

It's not unheard of for a club to host an impromptu classifier for a small number of shooters after a monthly match either--once the stands and sticks are out there, and there's a couple of barrels and a barricade near a bay, it only takes a few minutes to set one up...it seems that dragging the gear to a bay is daunting for one or two shooters, but reusing it before it gets put away isn't nearly the headache LOL
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Topic author
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

cbunt1 wrote:Reach out to the Thunder Tactical Shooters. At one point Al Liczwek was willing to run a classifier almost any Sunday (time and schedule permitting, of course) for a shooter who needed one. If Al's not available, they have several experienced SO's who might be able to make it work.

Thunder's website is http://tts-idpa.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know of any other currently scheduled classifiers in the near future, but if you're in a bind (for a major upcoming match or something) I'm sure you're not the only one, and maybe we can pull something together. Often the challenge is finding range time & space for the classifier, since it requires a full 20-25 yard bay.

It's not unheard of for a club to host an impromptu classifier for a small number of shooters after a monthly match either--once the stands and sticks are out there, and there's a couple of barrels and a barricade near a bay, it only takes a few minutes to set one up...it seems that dragging the gear to a bay is daunting for one or two shooters, but reusing it before it gets put away isn't nearly the headache LOL
:tiphat: Thank you, I will check with TTS.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Mmm they are the guys that just did the Comp Tac state wide competition, which was righteously excellent.

w squared
Posts in topic: 1

Post by w squared »

I'll bring this thread back from the dead. If you're still looking for a classifier (I know that's a long shot two months later), Team Trainwreck is having one at The Arms Room on August 26th. Registration opens to non-members on August 19th.

http://teamtrainwreck.idpaclub.org/Default.aspx

Return to “Competitive Shooting”