First IPSC Match

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
birdman253
Posts in topic: 3

First IPSC Match

Post by birdman253 »

I shot in my first match of any type today. IPSC. I did terrible, but had a blast. I knew I would shoot a bad score, but hoped it would show me what I need to work on. Boy, did it ever do that!

Overall, had a great time. Met some super people, and looking forward to the next one (provided I can find ammo between now and then)!!!

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First IPSC Match

Post by jayinsat »

Video or pics or it didn't happen. :rules:

Jk, congrats. You get better over time.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Topic author
birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

Thank the Lord there aren't any pics or vids. I would shudder to think that someone preserved my performance for posterity.

I know I will get better with time. I really did about as well as I expected. I'm pleased that I was able to get the first one under my belt, and look forward to trying it again!

jmain
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmain »

congrats...now get to another quick!!

Really is the most fun you can legally have with a firearm.
:mrgreen:
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

Texasrpbrock

Post by Texasrpbrock »

I'm going to my first one next month here in Kentucky... I know I'm going to do terrible but looking forward to learning. I think they'll need a calendar and not a stopwatch when I try to qualify. I hope I have as much fun as you had. Good luck on your next match! :txflag:
Proud Texan, NRA Member and TSRA Member. Support your local cotton farmer.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JALLEN »

How would it be if you showed up, a total newb, rookie and wiped out the meet, beat everyone who have all worked months and years perfecting their techniques, and practicing, with thousands and thousands of rounds downrange?

It ain't right, that's how!

I felt the same way when I quit smoking to start triathloning 30+ years ago. Boy was I lousy! and SLOW! But, if I had started rolling off 35 minute 10ks, 18 minute mile swims and averaging 25-30 mph on the bike, all those guys who had worked and worked and worked for years to get better would have had their feelings hurt. After months and months of effort, work, sweat, lots of eating and riding and swimming I got to where I was starting to make my age group winners nervous, but never got to the point of winning. You just have to put in the time and effort and practice. Ya gotta wanna!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Texasrpbrock

Post by Texasrpbrock »

Yeah I'm definitely gonna try my tail section off! This just looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I think these KY boys are going to be good teachers. I'm not going to invest in any gear until I have a sense of the what's going on. I did however acquire a Tupperware/Glock G19 Gen 4 today to use. It's downright ugly but at least I can beat it up and not have to worry about it being pretty.

I'll definitely give feedback later this month when the fun begins. Woo-Hoo! Good luck out there Birdman
Proud Texan, NRA Member and TSRA Member. Support your local cotton farmer.

Topic author
birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

jmain wrote:congrats...now get to another quick!!

Well, I did as you suggested. I shot in another one today. Did better than last time, and had just as much fun. I think I'm hooked!

jmain

Post by jmain »

birdman253 wrote:
jmain wrote:congrats...now get to another quick!!

Well, I did as you suggested. I shot in another one today. Did better than last time, and had just as much fun. I think I'm hooked!
:thumbs2:
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”