BUG match at PSC

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MegaWatt
Posts in topic: 1

BUG match at PSC

Post by MegaWatt »

Did anybody shoot the IDPA BUG match at PSC on Saturday? Looking for comments.
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

Colt - The original "Point and Click" device.

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BUG match at PSC

Post by LTUME1978 »

Yes, I shot the BUG match. It was a great match with well designed stages. 12 stages were 5 rounds and 2 stages were 4 rounds (no reloads on any stages). Started at low ready on all stages. One shot on each target so a miss was painful. Had a little steel and lots of hard cover on targets along with some head shots only. Very challenging.

It was a real eye opener for me. I find myself carrying a LCP a lot as it is easy to slip in a pocket (translate - I am getting lazy on finding a way to carry a bigger pistol). I did not shoot the LCP in the match as I have a new Shield in 9mm that I wanted to try out. I now know that I would have done very poorly with the LCP. We has some folks using 1911s with a 3 inch barrel and they generally were at the top of the heap. I think of those more as a primary carry pistol than a BUG but that meets the requirement of the IDPA rules.

I did fairly well in the match but it made me realize that the Shield should be a minimum carry/BUG for most occasions, not the LCP and that I need to find ways to carry something larger than the Shield a lot more often. I will be doing some re-evaluating on what I carry and doing more practice with the small pistols. I hope that we do more of the BUG matches as it is a great time to get "calibrated" on what we are carrying and how well that works against multiple targets. I would encourage others to get their clubs to put on these matches several times a year.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”