G34 Out of Battery After Drawing

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 2

G34 Out of Battery After Drawing

Post by thatguy »

Got a new G34 Gen 4 and Comptac holster and noticed right away the recoil spring is "easier" than my G17 Gen 3.

The problem seems to be that when I draw and shoot near the 1.0 second mark or below the gun will fire one shot the fail to go back into battery, I believe this to be related to the momentum from the gun going forward but not the slide...? But how does it fire the first shot but not the second? If I slow down to say 1.3 the pistol shoots fine.

What is the fix? My reloads power floor is 135,000 and shoot fine out of my G17. :headscratch
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: G34 Out of Battery After Drawing

Post by OldCannon »

Ok, let's debug:

1) Does same problem happen with "standard" ammo?
2) Have you tried competition recoil springs?
3) Just how "new"? I've seen "out of battery" issues like that on new guns before (not just Glocks - LOTS of manufacturers). It's generally because tolerances are slightly tighter than normal when just out of factory. Should definitely smooth out after 200 or so rounds.

A G34 will shoot correctly as fast as you can pull the trigger, so it's MOST likely item #3.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Wow, mark this day in history!!!! A Glock that isn't 100% reliable under every circumstance!

:lol:

Not trying to give you a hard time. It is just so unusual to have a Glock owner asking for malfunction help.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

thatguy wrote:Got a new G34 Gen 4 and Comptac holster and noticed right away the recoil spring is "easier" than my G17 Gen 3.

The problem seems to be that when I draw and shoot near the 1.0 second mark or below the gun will fire one shot the fail to go back into battery, I believe this to be related to the momentum from the gun going forward but not the slide...? But how does it fire the first shot but not the second? If I slow down to say 1.3 the pistol shoots fine.

What is the fix? My reloads power floor is 135,000 and shoot fine out of my G17. :headscratch
Is it possible that the shooters muscles have not locked in place when you fire under one second. And I agree with OldCannon to try factory ammo and maybe the recoil spring.

Mike

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thatguy »

Definite probability on the not locked up theory...

Gun has about 700 rounds ish ran thru so far, I'll feel better when closer to 3k. May try factory ammo.

And yes Jumping Frog, the Mighty Glock can actually malfunction though if no one else sees it, did it really happen? :evil2:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Return to “Competitive Shooting”