IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 2

IDPA Equipment Question

Post by TEX »

Curious. :confused5

In SSP there are items you can add to your guns and grips as long as they are not a permanent fixture. Grip tape, overmold rubber grips, etc. are legal where as stippling or grip reduction would not be. On handguns that come with interchable grip pieces at the rear to change the size of the grip, would a custom piece be legal if it could be easily removed and replaced with another factory piece. To be more precise, on a Glock Gen 4 for instance could the rear gip piece be stippled and still be SSP legal since it could be easily swapped with a factory unstippled panel? Seems like splitting hairs I suppose, but I have never seen the question posed. I have such a gun that I shoot ESP with - so do I need to put the factory non-stipple grip on it to shoot SSP or is legal as it is for SSP. It is not a big deal, but I would just as soon not change it if I don't have to.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IDPA Equipment Question

Post by TEX »

Moocho Grassy Hass - George
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Return to “Competitive Shooting”