Idpa question

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jbell
Posts in topic: 2

Idpa question

Post by Jbell »

Well i turned 21 last month and since then i have been trying to improve my skills with a pistol and my chl instructor talked about idpa and i have attended and shot the fun shoots the past two weeks at the arms room and im getting better but im still not good but my question is i went on teamtrainwreck.com and made a account so i can register online and i have no idea what any of this meansImage as to which classification i am or what my idpa # is can anyone help me the gun i am shooting is a springfield xdm 9mm no mods have been done to it
And thank you for your help in advanced I know its a newbie question and i probly sound stuiped but i want to learn and improve my shooting.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Idpa question

Post by Jumping Frog »

When you pay your dues and join IDPA (the national organization), you will get back a membership card with your member number.

You are shooting an XD, which is a striker fired pistol. An unmodified striker fired pistol is a "stock service pistol" or SSP.

You have not completed a "qualifier" course of fire with a score that would give you a rank, so you are "unclassified".

Since you are not under 18, over 50, military, LEO, or female, you wouldnot compete is any of the categories at the bottom.

Welcome to IDPA.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Jbell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jbell »

Thank you for helping i wasnt sure whatbi was supposed to put

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Yes, welcome to IDPA and the Team Trainwreck matches. We run them on Mondays at The Arms Room and Thursdays at The Big Kountry Shooting range. Yes, getting used to all the rules and names of things is odd at first but read up on the IDPA rules and just come out and shoot. The classifications and divisions will become apparent as you read and discuss with other members. You will learn the finer points from all the shooters who shoot there and love to discuss it. I am one of the SOs so sign up and come out. Also, check out the monthly matches at the PSC which they have one this weekend. They are great matches. Welcome.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Jbell, I hope that you came out and shot one of our matches. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to do so! If you have any other questions from the Team Trainwreck website, contact any of the officers on the "contacts" tab and we will be happy to answer your questions.

When you come out for a match, feel free to ask lots and lots of questions throughout the night. Our members do not mind answering your questions one bit. We all remember when we were new shooters and we are happy to help you eat the elephant of an IDPA rule book one bite at a time. All of the rules and terms seem daunting at first, but in a pretty short time, it will all become second nature...........just like saying magazines instead of clips. :lol:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “Competitive Shooting”