My Latest IDPA Match: Still Suck!

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Latest IDPA Match: Still Suck!

Post by canvasbck »

You don't suck, I see some very good fundamentals from a noob. You're bleeding most of your time with things that are not shooting such as the way you are moving to the next shooting position and reloads. For a new shooter, I would rather see them take their time and make their shots and worry about the speed aspect later. It's safer and more fun than trying to run and gun when you can't yet.

If your wanting to get better at this game, try practicing reloads where the only thing that moves is your hand instead of ducking back into cover for the reloads. If you are just wanting to build tactical skills, keep doing what your doing and just practice faster reloading.

From a shooting standpoint, there are some small things going on, but I wouldn't sweat that yet. PM me if you want more info about it.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

You are out there improving which beats what most people are willing to do out of fear or laziness. Awesome.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

george wrote:You only THINK you suck, because you are looking at the scores.

No burglar/assailant in the history of the world carries a stopwatch.

When I get the score results, I just re-order them by least points down, instead of by time, and I don't feel so bad!
:iagree: with this. You can be the fastest draw in the world, but if you can't hit anything it probably won't make any difference. Do a classifier and then start figuring out how you do against others in your class. Are you faster, but miss more? Do you miss fewer, but are slower? Then figure out what to work on to improve. And always keep track of your points down. Hopefully, that will decrease over time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

solaritx

Post by solaritx »

Watch the top shooters. They do two things......They are smooth (no wasted motion in shooting or in getting into position to shoot) and they take the sight picture they need for the shot (less time for closer and more for difficult shots....but not a fraction of extra time than is needed)

Garry Newton

Return to “Competitive Shooting”