Your thoughts?

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sooperdooper
Posts in topic: 2

Your thoughts?

Post by sooperdooper »

Looking for some feedback on my style, stance, etc...

What do y'all think?

I'm all ears... :bigear:

[video][/video]
46 days MB to MB

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Your thoughts?

Post by jayinsat »

My advice: teach me! Great job.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Excellent!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Looks great to me.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

I am impressed with the reloads. That's an area I need to practice. Good job!

Topic author
sooperdooper
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sooperdooper »

gljjt wrote:I am impressed with the reloads. That's an area I need to practice. Good job!
Thank you very much! I've received some good feedback on my reloads. I practice those A LOT!! Most of my time savings comes in a reload.
46 days MB to MB

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

My only advice would be to consider having your knees bent, feet shoulder width apart, and parallel with the target. You've got your feet positioned left foot forward in all your scenarios. Having your feet parallel with knees always bent a bit makes moving in any direction easier and quicker. It's the same as when we all did the football drills, moving one direction and then the other.

For me, it's just faster.

It will also force you to adjust your grip to more of an isosceles which will take getting used to but it may be worth it.

I know when I changed, I got quite a bit faster with my transitions from one shooting position to the next.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. In addition to moving quicker, you now have the ability to pivot any direction without having to move your feet.

I have no idea who this guy is except what the UTube channel says but it's a good example of what I'm trying to explain.

[video][/video]

You asked for comments. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

:txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot: :txflag: :patriot:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

glock75

Post by glock75 »

To add to TDDude's comments, the knees parallel will also enable you to make your transitions between targets faster. Many shooters use their upper body as a turret moving at the waist and/or above from the shoulders in transitioning from target to target. This often results in over travel and misalignment of your sight picture with the target, wasting precious time coming back on target with your sights. Drive the movement with your legs/knees and you will find it easy to transition from one target to the next without under/over travel. These split seconds add up.

I also spread my feet out a little wider than my shoulders for a couple of reasons: 1) a little more stablilty, and 2) depending upon how many targets presented I can align my body position better to make those transitions from left to right or vice verser without shifting my feet. Once again, driving the movement between the targets with my legs/knees without affecting my upper body position (grip, sight alignment, etc).

Some some tips I picked up along the way from the pros. If you ever get a chance, take some competitve pistol courses from Max Michel, Ben Stoeger, Bob Vogel, etc. Well worth the time and cost.
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

Return to “Competitive Shooting”