Katie Pavlich: My Year as an Amateur in Competition Shooting

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Katie Pavlich: My Year as an Amateur in Competition Shooting

Post by A-R »

Good logic for those considering dipping their toes into competitive shooting. I've shot less competitively than in years past, but I still say unequivocally that IDPA made me a better shooter.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepav ... r-n1937515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I consider myself well trained in firearms handling (I've spend dozens of hours at Gunsite Academy) and a competent shooter, but my ultimate goal isn't to be a top competitor. I call myself an amateur in the competition world for a reason (but I'm getting better!). Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I don't want to win. For me, it's all about the opportunity and doing the best that I can when I'm out there. Unfortunately I don't have the time available to get to a level of serious competition or to conduct the amount of practice required to get to top levels, but the good news is, showing up to these kinds of events and doing your best is good enough. Not to mention, they're some of the best times you'll ever have. Many local shooting competitions allow people with a number of different skill levels to participate and hey, you might just get good enough to move into a serious competitor position. I still don't understand how scoring for each match works, I just look for my name in results and hope it isn't at the bottom, ha! If you're intimidated to get started, don't be. In my experience, even the best shooters are willing to help out the newbies with coaching and helpful tips to improve your skills (and your rankings after the match!) You will make lifelong friends along the way, too."

Skiprr

Re: Katie Pavlich: My Year as an Amateur in Competition Shoo

Post by Skiprr »

Good piece; thanks. Katie is a pretty good follow on twitter, also: http://twitter.com/KatiePavlich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (@KatiePavlich).
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Abraham

Re: Katie Pavlich: My Year as an Amateur in Competition Shoo

Post by Abraham »

The fact that she's smoking hot doesn't hurt either...

Return to “Competitive Shooting”