Writing Texas Congressmen

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Flatland2D
Posts in topic: 1

Writing Texas Congressmen

Post by Flatland2D »

Just wanted to post this link for anyone wanting to write their Texas Congressmen. Just type in your address and it'll tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

Just one question though, as I'm about to write my representatives. Do I write to the capitol address or district address (or doesn't it matter)?

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I don't know which office you should write to. I write to the local offices because I figure the state representatives spend more time at home than in Austin.

If you can send a fax instead of writing a letter, do it. Someone whose opinion I respect told me that faxes get more attention than letters or e-mail.

Also, if you write to U.S. representatives or senators, all mail has to go through a center where they treat it for anthrax. It's delayed and sometimes damaged.

- Jim

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

I emailed Senator John Cornyn and got a response from his office within a week. It was concerning the recent topic of National Park carry. It said he supported our right to keep and bear and our right to protect ourself. He wasn't specific about the bill, but I assume he knows about it and will support it.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

sjones

Post by sjones »

thanks flatland,I just emailed Kay Bailey and John Cornyn.Keep us all posted. sj

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”