House Bill 284

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I'm also thinking that this bill when its passed, and it will be passed...

This one is going to be the crown jewel this session...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

stevie_d_64 wrote:This one is going to be the crown jewel this session...
Yes it will. I already said Rosenthal is fighting it, so remember that when he's up for re-election. I'm also interested to see of CLEAT weighs in on this one. They know HB594 and HB595 aren't going to pass, so I'd be surprised to see them support either of those.

Chas.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:This one is going to be the crown jewel this session...
Yes it will. I already said Rosenthal is fighting it, so remember that when he's up for re-election. I'm also interested to see of CLEAT weighs in on this one. They know HB594 and HB595 aren't going to pass, so I'd be surprised to see them support either of those.

Chas.
Chuck's been a real dissapointment on issues like this, and he has burned the bridges to ashes when he comes up for re-election...The problem with this is no one seems to be stepping up to the plate...

I would be wary of a left of center candidate sneaking in, where we might have to hold our noses if Mr. Rosenthal desides to stick with it...I would like a primary opponent to make it a real race before it has to count...

I don't want to have to relive Nov. '06 again...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Letter sent to Mr. Paxton
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Bigreno

Post by Bigreno »

Sent an attaboy letter to Mr. David Farabee for coauthoring this bill. Here is the reply I received.
Dear Mr. (Bigreno):

Thank you for your kind words and for letting me know your support for HB 284, relating to the use of force or deadly force in defense of a person. As you know, I am a co-author on this legislation because I firmly believe in the right of law abiding citizens to protect themselves and their family, especially in their homes or on their property.

You certainly have my strong support on this legislation. Again, thank you for your input. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Best Regards,
David Farabee

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”