Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Harris County Townhall Meetings...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://www.harriscountygop.com/site/Pag ... ame=Events

Sorry, but this appears to be a Harris County deal...

I still urge those who can attend, to find some time to drop by...

Should be very informative...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

After Action Report:

Good meeting (no big surprise)...

State Representative Robert Talton hosted and fielded a lot of good general questions form those who attended...

I stood off to the side, so others could sit and be more comfortable during the two hour event...

I decided not to throw any questions, as some of us were tuned in to the goings on already...

One guy in particular fielded the usual business taxation questions, and he also inquired to the Castle Doctine Bill and the Employer Parking Lot Bill...

Both of which Robert answered very well on what they were, and the status of each...

All I could do was stand there and give him the :thumbsup: when he looked in my direction while answering the questions...Like I know whats going on...Right??? :roll: :lol:

From what I gathered, the Harris County folks are planning on holding about 20 of these meetings all around the county, in various districts and venues...

We had about 60 people show up last night, and it was productive in where we got to face to face with some of the judges, and other candidates running for office...

This townhall meeting push is going to be an ongoing thing right up to 2008 elections...It is also intended to be implemented all over the state, and organized by your county party chairs, senatorial district chairs and other various executive committee personnel...

I know we've seen townhall meetings before, and that this aggressive push should have been done long ago, regardless of party affiliation or political ideology...

Whats pertinant is the fact that no subject/issue is taboo IMO...So fire away...All is fair...

Everyone I saw enjoyed the event, and I am sure the others will go just as well...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”