HB 233 re: active duty and veterans

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

HB 233 re: active duty and veterans

Post by Mike1951 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:HB233 (Ritter D-A) Relating to a waiver of concealed handgun license fees for certain members and veterans of the military. Waives all CHL fees for active and honorably discharged military. Final House passage; Final Senate passage 5/8/07..
This shows to be enrolled today. Isn't that the last step before going to the Governor for signature?

Speculation on whether he will sign?

As i read it, this will waive license fees for active duty military and honorably discharged veterans who apply with 365 days of getting out.

Also would reduce by 50% the license fee for all honorably discharged veterans past 365 days.
Last edited by Mike1951 on Fri May 11, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

This is great news but since I already served my time I should be grandfathered in for the no fees portion. But hey I guess 70.00 is better than 140.00.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Well, I would certainly like mine to go from $70 to $35 (or free) at the stroke of a pen...

I'm not going to object...

This whole issue seems to be going very quietly through the legislature for some reason...

Maybe thats a good thing...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: HB 233 re: active duty and veterans

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Mike1951 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:HB233 (Ritter D-A) Relating to a waiver of concealed handgun license fees for certain members and veterans of the military. Waives all CHL fees for active and honorably discharged military. Final House passage; Final Senate passage 5/8/07..
This shows to be enrolled today. Isn't that the last step before going to the Governor for signature?

As i read it, this will waive license fees for active duty military and honorably discharged veterans who apply with 365 days of getting out.

Also would reduce by 50% the license fee for all honorably discharged veterans past 365 days.
Gov. Perry will sign it. The as-filed version waived all fees, but a substitute changed the bill as you stated.

Chas.

Liberty

Re: HB 233 re: active duty and veterans

Post by Liberty »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:

Gov. Perry will sign it. The as-filed version waived all fees, but a substitute changed the bill as you stated.

Chas.
Will we need to prove with DD-214?
Will our CHLs be labeled as Veterans.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

A good bill for Vet's, but I still wanted all Disabled Vet's to get a freebe also.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

ElGato wrote:A good bill for Vet's, but I still wanted all Disabled Vet's to get a freebe also.
That would have made more sense. Although I like the idea of free for the first year. It's the disabled Vets who paid the price and most likely could use a little extra help.

Maybe this can be fixed in 2009.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

ElGato wrote:A good bill for Vet's, but I still wanted all Disabled Vet's to get a freebe also.
I agree! :patriot:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”