The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Rubberdown
Posts in topic: 2

Having issue finiding arrest record

Post by Rubberdown »

Hi there folks,
I went through the class sat. to get my CHL. Back around 2002 I didn't pay a couple of traffic tickets and went to jail for it. I went to apply and it says to say exact dates, disposition, etc for when you have been arrested. I contacted the police department for the two places this happened and they told me they don't have records back that far, and couldn't find any records of my having been arrested. I was trying to get information so I have this in the future as well in case I need it. So.... That being said, what information should I put down? I don't have exact dates, I don't have the charges info , and I cant get the information from either the court records or the police departments in the future.

Thank you for the advice!

Keith B

Re: Having issue finiding arrest record

Post by Keith B »

Rubberdown wrote:Hi there folks,
I went through the class sat. to get my CHL. Back around 2002 I didn't pay a couple of traffic tickets and went to jail for it. I went to apply and it says to say exact dates, disposition, etc for when you have been arrested. I contacted the police department for the two places this happened and they told me they don't have records back that far, and couldn't find any records of my having been arrested. I was trying to get information so I have this in the future as well in case I need it. So.... That being said, what information should I put down? I don't have exact dates, I don't have the charges info , and I cant get the information from either the court records or the police departments in the future.

Thank you for the advice!
Welcome to the forum.

You need to go to the court clerk for the city or county you were charged in and request a certified copy of the disposition. If they do not show anything, then get a letter from them stating nothing was found. On your application, list the offense with the closest date info you can and send along the letter stating nothing was found in the court records. Once they review your applicaiton, if they need anything else they will contact you.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Rubberdown

Post by Rubberdown »

Ok, I bonded out in Grapevine, the ticket was for Bedford. So the disposition would be from Bedford but I wasn't arrested there. I know this is complicated, I really have no idea how all this works. Sorry for stupid questions. Who would have ever thought being young and dumb would still be haunting me 13 years later?

Ryan Smith

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Taypo »

Rubberdown wrote:Ok, I bonded out in Grapevine, the ticket was for Bedford. So the disposition would be from Bedford but I wasn't arrested there. I know this is complicated, I really have no idea how all this works. Sorry for stupid questions. Who would have ever thought being young and dumb would still be haunting me 13 years later?

Ryan Smith
Young and dumb haunts us all at some point ;)

I wouldn't stress about it - do what you can with what you've got. My wife had a similar issue with one of the more infamous counties dragging their heels on her background. Took a while but plastic showed up in about 60 days.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Rubberdown wrote:Ok, I bonded out in Grapevine, the ticket was for Bedford. So the disposition would be from Bedford but I wasn't arrested there. I know this is complicated, I really have no idea how all this works. Sorry for stupid questions. Who would have ever thought being young and dumb would still be haunting me 13 years later?

Ryan Smith
Wherever you appeared before a judge or whatever court you paid a fine to is where you would go. So, if you paid a bond to Bedford, then you need to contact the city court clerk there.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Keith B wrote:

Ryan Smith
Wherever you appeared before a judge or whatever court you paid a fine to is where you would go. So, if you paid a bond to Bedford, then you need to contact the city court clerk there.
After you check with clerk and if she/he cannot find a record, have him/her give you a letter stating such
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “New to CHL?”