Is "failure to conceal" still a thing once open carry starts?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is "failure to conceal" still a thing once open carry starts?

Post by Pariah3j »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Inside your car is just like outside of it. If it's in a belt or shoulder holster, it does not need to be concealed. If it's anywhere else in the cabin of the vehicle, it must be concealed. Forward console-mounted holsters in pickups or SUVs are an example of a popular holster that will still be unlawful even after Jan. 1st. I hope I'm overly concerned, but I've talked to a lot of folks who prefer to remove their handgun from a belt holster when they get into their vehicle. The gun has to go somewhere and that somewhere must include concealment.

Chas.
So I read/heard somewhere (don't remember exactly where now) that since the law states something along the line of "on or about your person" that the forward console mounted holsters would be legal(assuming while using a belt holster) because it would be 'about your person' at that point ? By no means I'm I saying that is or isn't the intent or how it will be interpreted, but doesn't that mean the case for it being legal could be made ?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

glazer1972
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is "failure to conceal" still a thing once open carry starts?

Post by glazer1972 »

CleverNickname wrote:Failure to conceal will still be a thing if:
1. You're not carrying in a belt or shoulder holster.
2. You're carrying in a place where CCW is legal but open carry isn't (locations posted only with 30.07 and not 30.06, or colleges/universities after Aug 1).

If these don't apply then there's nothing saying you can't go back and forth between CCW and OC as you please.
This.

Return to “New to CHL?”