I wonder if I'm fooling anyone

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
FCH
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I wonder if I'm fooling anyone

Post by FCH »

Thank you all for the comments. Even though some pointed out that the SP is obvious, I feel encouraged about my carry situation. My local gun shop owner tells me not to worry.

Because of my body shape, I don't think an undershirt holster would work for me. I did by a SmartCarry but I can't get it to hang right while I'm sitting in my chair. I did just order a Remora. We will see if that works.

I like the medical misdirection. My daughter told me that if she didn't know any better she would think the SP was holding a medical device like an insulin pump. I ordered a couple of different red cross pins to see if I can add to the misdirection.

Today at the grocery store I ran into the wife of a friend. She asked me what was in the case but again, her and her husband know my interest in guns and her husband is a LTC holder. Wish I had seen the comment about Emergency Ventilator. I'm going to use that next time someone asks.

Again, thanks for the responses.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

I bought a Sneaky Pete for my Sig P230 SL and sent it back. Not because of what others might say but because it was just too large for my liking. Carry on, only those who might know might know.

psijac

Post by psijac »

07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

actually, you're probably fooling everyone except those of us on the forum.

people are too wrapped up in their tiny little worlds (ie. too busy texting) to notice.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

o b juan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by o b juan »

did anyone here not know that criminals also read magazines and news paper ??s
Some really are more educated in the real world
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Yes, criminals read too, but if they're common street thugs, with rare exception, they probably don't.

My guess, maybe and LEO could chime in, is that most thugs aren't well read, but the bank robber class who are, aren't as much a personal violent threat to individuals as they're too smart to doing muggings and holding up liquor stores.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

FCH wrote:Thank you all for the comments. Even though some pointed out that the SP is obvious, I feel encouraged about my carry situation. My local gun shop owner tells me not to worry.

Because of my body shape, I don't think an undershirt holster would work for me. I did by a SmartCarry but I can't get it to hang right while I'm sitting in my chair. I did just order a Remora. We will see if that works.

I like the medical misdirection. My daughter told me that if she didn't know any better she would think the SP was holding a medical device like an insulin pump. I ordered a couple of different red cross pins to see if I can add to the misdirection.

Today at the grocery store I ran into the wife of a friend. She asked me what was in the case but again, her and her husband know my interest in guns and her husband is a LTC holder. Wish I had seen the comment about Emergency Ventilator. I'm going to use that next time someone asks.

Again, thanks for the responses.
Tell them it's your Cu pump ot your Pb pump. Cu=copper Pb=lead

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

They'll get a chuckle if you tell them that, just before they put the cuffs on you...and then they'll say: O.K. funny man, away we gooooooooooooo!!

dusty

Post by dusty »

extending upon the medical device, have heard from someone that, when asked, they respond that it's a colostomy related device, and that, for him, that tends to shut the conversation down immediately.

Return to “New to CHL?”