Topic author
Glockdude1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Glockdude1 »

MoJo wrote:Wow! Glockdude1 are you related to Mr. Murphy? :rolll

Where do you shoot?
Very close to where you are!! OGC.

(Orange Gun Club).

I am going to try and go next sunday, July 2nd.

:twisted:
Glockdude1..........................
"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

MoJo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MoJo »

I'm at Golden Triangle we have an IDPA match on the first Saturday of the month at 8 AM come shoot with us sometime.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

MoJo wrote:I'm at Golden Triangle we have an IDPA match on the first Saturday of the month at 8 AM come shoot with us sometime.
Sounds good to me. How much is a membership? I work for the BOP. I am not very far from that range.

:twisted:

MoJo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MoJo »

Matches are open to the public - - - first time is free after that $10.00 and IDPA membership. Gun club membership is $100 - - -$50 annualy with a one time $50 initiation fee.

Check the link at the bottom for particulars or application.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

:shock:

Commander
Posts in topic: 1

Faux Paux

Post by Commander »

As there have been some other "confessions" posted here, I'll share mine.

A few years ago, I was in a group that went to the County Line BBQ on FM2222 in Austin. I was wearing a Taurus PT-111 in shoulder holster that I had recently purchased. Everything is fine, we go in, sit down and as I'm reading the menu, I heard this "clunk" as something bounced off my ankle and hit the floor. Hmmmm, well, I look down and see the magazine from the PT-111 laying not far from my right foot. Great! So I quickly reached down and grabbed it and stuck it in my coat pocket. As far as I know, no one noticed. Apparently, I hadn't seated it well when I holstered up earlier in the evening. I now always double check the magazine to make sure its properly seated in place.

In retrospect, I was fortunate that it didn't drop off somewhere in the parking lot as I was walking in. I wouldn't have noticed it missing until late that night when disarming.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

If you were walking across the parking lot when it fell out I think you would have noticed it along w/ every one else: the lips would probably not have held & bullets would have gone flying as far as the spring could shoot them. I dropped a mag about like you one time only I bending over to get something off a bottom shelf at Lowes. Cheep mag carrier. It fell out. Like you no one was around to see. The one I saw fall from walking scattered bullets everywhere. That mag fell out of a shoulder holster mag carrier. No one else was around.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

Glad I am not the only one with "experiences"........ :grin:

John R. Fuller

John R. Fuller Horizontal Shoulder Holster Follies:

Post by John R. Fuller »

I was in a HEB one night around 10:00P.M. My pistol, the Hungarian FEG PA63 resided in a no name horizontal shoulder holster, the one with the extra magazine holder on the outside of the holster.

Going down the cheese isle, I hear Klickity Klack!

What is that?

I looked down and thought; hey that looks just like my FEG PA63!?!?!?!?

That is my FEG PA63!!!

Just as I made my realization a man approached from the other end of the isle, I grabbed the larges piece of cheese and dropped it over the top of my pistol and recovered both.

I stuffed the pistol in my pocket and walked on as if nothing happened.
I am not the first or the last...

Topic author
Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

John R. Fuller

What kind of holster do you own now???

:o

John R. Fuller

Post by John R. Fuller »

I go with either IWB OWB M1911, FEG PA63, Keltec P11 or pocket carry for my Keltec P32.

I shun shoulder holsters until I can afford one that is better suited to just one pistol.
I am not the first or the last...

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

welllllllll, here's my first experience with "disarming."

I've had my CHL since May, so I'm pretty new to the whole thing. I carry a S&W Sigma 9VE, most of the time, but keep a Beretta 92FS in my truck when I go to and from work.
So, I decide I need some stuff from WallyWorld on the way home, but don't wanna go home first. So I take out the Beretta (which I keep in a Uncle Mike's IWB holster), stuff it in the back of my scrubpants, and head into the store.
I'm one of those types that if I go grocery shopping hungry, I'll spend $200 on chips and dip, so I figger a stop at the instore McDonald's is in order.
So, I get my tastey McChicken sammich (they ARE only a dollar) and sit down in a booth. Well, as it turns out, the Beretta is a longer pistol than my Smithy, and as I'm not as used to it, I wasn't expecting anything out of order. The barrel of the pistol hits the seat, before my bottom, and begins working it's way straight up out of the holster. :shock: As I'm kind of a big dude, most sit-downs are more of a flop than a graceful sitting motion, and there was no pausing to reflect upon what was happening in the midst of the action. by the time I had completely landed, the beretta was sitting on the booth seat next to me just a-smilin'
I, however, was not :???:
I looked around, and quickly reholstered while dipping the nose of the weapon slightly off to my weak-side to avoid the problem from occuring again. Finished my sammich, and did my shopping without further incident.

I have learned, because of this incident, to always be mindful when sitting down, of where the ole peacekeeper is, and where it ends up, as well.
course, I tend to sit a little more gracefully, too!
:lol: :reddevil
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

casselthief wrote:welllllllll, here's my first experience with "disarming."
Knowledge is power...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Glockdude, it sounds like your wife has a major effect on you!

I'm certainly not one to throw stones for "flashing".
I try really hard not to print or allow my gun to fall out, etc., but I also refuse to dress like an old prude.
I've been losing weight lately, and I was out shopping one day in a pair of pants that were getting a little big for me. I failed to wear a belt. What happens as I'm unloading the car? My gun starts unholstering right there, gets caught up in my henley, and I'm trying to hide it and talk to the little girl of an employee that comes up to me asking if she can pick pecans out of my yard. Fortunately, I think she was hyperfocused on the pecans and didn't notice the gun tangled up in the shirt.

I've bent down to pet an animal before and had dh correct me for showing my "butt".

I've also mistakenly shown my "butt" while reaching to a top shelf for something in a store. I now wear a jacket, or I hold one end of my shirt down while I reach. It may look funny, but it's better than flashing.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

Venus Pax wrote:Glockdude, it sounds like your wife has a major effect on you!
Yes she does!!!!!

She's still a keeper.........

:grin:

Return to “New to CHL?”