Crossbreed Holster Question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
txbrett
Posts in topic: 3

Crossbreed Holster Question

Post by txbrett »

I'll soon be getting my CHL, and probably be getting the Crossbreed Supertuck. Can anyone tell me how they are while driving? Do you have to take it off, slide it around, etc.? Thanks in advance for any info.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Crossbreed Holster Question

Post by Teamless »

I have used mine since end of April 2010.
I have it about 3:30 to 4:00 and it is in the perfect spot (for me) that it doesn't have to be moved while driving.
as far as sliding, i use the velcro on mine, so it wont move (easily)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Munk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Munk »

Same here. 3:30-4:00, no problem driving and doesn't move around at all on me.
III%

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

The beauty of the CBST is you can make it fit you. I trimmed off some of the leather from the bottom edge to it work better -- for me.

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

I've been using a CBST for about a year now. No problems driving or with seat belt. Like PH said, you can adjust it to make it fit you.

Also make sure you get a good holster belt. Crossbreed makes good ones. A good belt is just as important as a good holster.

:txflag:
TSRA Life Memeber

A-R

Post by A-R »

propellerhead wrote:The beauty of the CBST is you can make it fit you. I trimmed off some of the leather from the bottom edge to it work better -- for me.
EXACTLY!

These types of holsters are so infinitely adjustable, once you get it where you like it you'll be fine. To borrow a late-night infomercial catchphrase ... "Just set it and forget it."

:thumbs2:

nyj

Post by nyj »

Hey, just a heads up -- I was about to order the CBST then found this guy over on GlockTalk:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39 pages of satisfied customers. 50 bucks shipped, lifetime warranty, accepts returns. He said his current turn around is 2-3 days. I ordered mine yesterday.

Topic author
txbrett

Post by txbrett »

Thanks for the info. That answers my question.

ZeeMan

Post by ZeeMan »

I may have to look the fella up when I have new plastic in my wallet :thumbs2:

SecedeTX

Post by SecedeTX »

I carry mine at 3ish and drive a sports car with high bolsters no problems at all. I love my Crossbreed.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

warhorse10_9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

I just got an Comfort Carry IWB from Durham Concealed Technologies. Its very comfortable, plus he was able to custom form the kydex to accommodate my laser sight. No plastic yet so have been wearing it around the house sitting in my desk chair like I would in the car I have it at ~4-430 and it stays there comfortably.
69.99 for my custom holster shipped.
Check them out here:

http://www.concealedtechnology.com/en/
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Topic author
txbrett

Post by txbrett »

warhorse10_9 wrote:I just got an Comfort Carry IWB from Durham Concealed Technologies. Its very comfortable, plus he was able to custom form the kydex to accommodate my laser sight. No plastic yet so have been wearing it around the house sitting in my desk chair like I would in the car I have it at ~4-430 and it stays there comfortably.
69.99 for my custom holster shipped.
Check them out here:

http://www.concealedtechnology.com/en/
Thanks, I'll look them up.

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 14

Post by rmr1923 »

nyj wrote:Hey, just a heads up -- I was about to order the CBST then found this guy over on GlockTalk:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39 pages of satisfied customers. 50 bucks shipped, lifetime warranty, accepts returns. He said his current turn around is 2-3 days. I ordered mine yesterday.
hey thanks for the info, those looks like some good quality holsters. i'm definitely going to look into one for my M&P compact.

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

Just to chime in...I've been carrying my Kimber 1911 with a CBST for over a year now. It's very comfortable once you find the "butter zone" of where to wear it. I doesn't bother me even on long road trips.

MojoTexas :txflag:
NRA Life member, TSRA member

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
--Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 14

Post by rmr1923 »

nyj wrote:Hey, just a heads up -- I was about to order the CBST then found this guy over on GlockTalk:

for anyone considering a Crossbreed Supertuck, i'd HIGHLY recommend checking out the above link. this guy offers top-notch custom made Crossbreed-style holsters for $50 shipped. i emailed him with some questions and he called back that same day and we worked out the details for a custom holster, i paid him on paypal and got the holster within a week. i'll definitely be ordering some IWB mag holders and another holster for my wife's gun from him in the future.

one option that he offers is leather-lined kydex, for those who'd prefer to keep holster wear to a minimum. he did say he recommends to NOT get the leather lining, but if you've got a high dollar weapon then that's something you can have done for only $5 extra.

Return to “New to CHL?”