My "whatever you want to call it" walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
stealthfightrf17
Posts in topic: 7

My "whatever you want to call it" walk

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

Got my card today, so the fam and I loaded up in the car. Went to the new academy by us (although the old one has cheaper prices) and looked at the safe. Talked to one of the workers for about 20mins, then looked at the guns. After the guns my wife wanted to look at a bunch of stuff there, and we also looked at some new shirts for me. After that we went to target, was there walking around and looking at stuff while my wife grocrey shoped. Left there and stoped by the academy by our house, to make sure I was not going crazy on the prices of the safes. I am not crazy, they charge more at the woodlands academy. Now back home. The only thing I noticed is LEO's stand out more now, and the t-shirt I was wearing likes to try and creap up a little. Great time, funny how after a little time in a store and no one saying anything you start to relax more.

JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My "whatever you want to call it" walk

Post by JJVP »

stealthfightrf17 wrote:Got my card today, so the fam and I loaded up in the car. Went to the new academy by us (although the old one has cheaper prices) and looked at the safe. Talked to one of the workers for about 20mins, then looked at the guns. After the guns my wife wanted to look at a bunch of stuff there, and we also looked at some new shirts for me. After that we went to target, was there walking around and looking at stuff while my wife grocrey shoped. Left there and stoped by the academy by our house, to make sure I was not going crazy on the prices of the safes. I am not crazy, they charge more at the woodlands academy. Now back home. The only thing I noticed is LEO's stand out more now, and the t-shirt I was wearing likes to try and creap up a little. Great time, funny how after a little time in a store and no one saying anything you start to relax more.
Where are the pics? It didn't happen without pics. "rlol"

Congrats. After a while you don't even notice you are carrying.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Topic author
stealthfightrf17

The pics are concealed "rlol"

Dub

Post by Dub »

I think that would be called the Academy Amble???? Congrats!
Dub

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

So how was the new academy? We haven't ventured over there yet... the one at the corner is so convenient, I hope they don't close it! Welcome to the "Society" neighbor!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Topic author
stealthfightrf17

The new academy is nice, and bigger. However the prices are higher on some things. one safe was 899.99 and one that holds twice as much was the same price. The smaller safe in the store off rayford is 599.99. My money will go to the cheaper one. Just need to wait for the money now.

MMac

Post by MMac »

Congrats! I'm up by Spring too and went by an Ace this weekend but today was my first "walk" too. Bought ammo at Walmart, went by Half Priced Books and Barns and Noble, was going to go by Academy but had gotten every thing I was looking for already so didn't.
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

thr_wedge

Post by thr_wedge »

What were you carrying and how were you carrying?
NRA member
TSRA member

Topic author
stealthfightrf17

SA XD-9mmSC IMB comptec infedal about the 8:30 position.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

No pictures? Didn't happen! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
stealthfightrf17

After I posted this last night, my Wife informed me that I was acting very nervios yesterday. Today we had to do some errands, and I carried all day. She says I was much better today. Looking back, you do kinda worry at first if anyone noticed. Now that I have been out more, I don't even notice it. Even we to drop some stuff off at a place wanting to do a background check for a job.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

:iagree: Post the pictures or do it again, the right way!

You do get used to having it on. I do not even think about it when I leave the house anymore, and I have only had my plastic since 5/16. The only thing I do get nervous about is making sure I have my wallet. It would be so stupid to screw things up because you are carrying and your plastic is at home.

Do you carry at 8:30 because that is most comfortable for you? I tried it there and found it harder to reach, it took more agility to reach, more time to reach, I felt it whenever I sat back in something, and so on. Also, your right kidney is cruising for a bruising. I have also heard that it is easier for your shirt to ride up and expose the weapon, and you not know it. Anyway, carry it however you are most comfortable, just carry it. Just a question out of curiosity.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Topic author
stealthfightrf17

I carry at 8:30 just cause it is most comfertable most of the time. If you are going on a long drive, it will not be staying there. It is a little harder to draw from, but it is also getting easier to draw as I am practicing in the house (completly unloaded of course).

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

After a couple of weeks it becomes second nature and you feel naked without it.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

stealthfightrf17 wrote:After I posted this last night, my Wife informed me that I was acting very nervios yesterday. Today we had to do some errands, and I carried all day. She says I was much better today. Looking back, you do kinda worry at first if anyone noticed. Now that I have been out more, I don't even notice it. Even we to drop some stuff off at a place wanting to do a background check for a job.
It sounds like your wife is very supportive of your carrying. :thewave
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Return to “New to CHL?”