First Wife Protest

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Dirvin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Wife Protest

Post by Dirvin »

OnceFired wrote: trusting the Lord to provide.

He did provide. He gave you a gun and sent you to church. :biggrinjester:
No Slack-slack is just half a pair of pants
-Charlie "Rowdy" Yates

targetlock

Post by targetlock »

Had plastic for a couple of months now and wife still thinks I'm nuts to carry. I get home from work one night around 10:30 and she quickly greets me in the living room saying she has been hearing strange noises in the back yard and that I should get my gun and go see. We let out the dogs first to see if they sense anything off (they don't and come back in). I check through windows and find nothing. As I'm about to head out back to make a final check, she sees the handle of the pistol in the holster and freaks out asking me what I am doing with a gun? I say going to check the backyard at your request.

Nothing present there or either side of house. Come back in and ask her (again for Nth time when is she going to come to the range with me? Even inform her of ladies nights. Still no interest, yet.

p.s. She sure was glad I carried when we went to look at some merchandise on a Craigslist posting...

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

targetlock wrote:Had plastic for a couple of months now and wife still thinks I'm nuts to carry. I get home from work one night around 10:30 and she quickly greets me in the living room saying she has been hearing strange noises in the back yard and that I should get my gun and go see. We let out the dogs first to see if they sense anything off (they don't and come back in). I check through windows and find nothing. As I'm about to head out back to make a final check, she sees the handle of the pistol in the holster and freaks out asking me what I am doing with a gun? I say going to check the backyard at your request.

Nothing present there or either side of house. Come back in and ask her (again for Nth time when is she going to come to the range with me? Even inform her of ladies nights. Still no interest, yet.

p.s. She sure was glad I carried when we went to look at some merchandise on a Craigslist posting...
Save yourself some frustration, instead of converting the wife just beat your head against the wall it hurts less. My wife is a little more open she understands but won't get involved herself.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

train460

Post by train460 »

in the first week of getting mine the wife makes a similar comment about, "is this how it's going to be from now on?" I told her that she should be glad in that i would have a better chance at protecting US should the need arise. I told her to just watch the news every night and see the amount of assaults that happen while pumping gas or walking to and from Wal-mart etc.
She never said another word about me carrying and now has the desire to get her plastic. will be signing her up for a class in the next month or so after another couple trips to the range.
Michael

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

train460 wrote:in the first week of getting mine the wife makes a similar comment about, "is this how it's going to be from now on?" I told her that she should be glad in that i would have a better chance at protecting US should the need arise. I told her to just watch the news every night and see the amount of assaults that happen while pumping gas or walking to and from Wal-mart etc.
She never said another word about me carrying and now has the desire to get her plastic. will be signing her up for a class in the next month or so after another couple trips to the range.
Michael
Mine tachnically started before I did. Hers came in the mail two months before mine. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

targetlock wrote:Had plastic for a couple of months now and wife still thinks I'm nuts to carry. I get home from work one night around 10:30 and she quickly greets me in the living room saying she has been hearing strange noises in the back yard and that I should get my gun and go see.
That going out into the yard thing is a tactical error.....if there was anyone to worry about out there you could have been ambushed and it would have left your wife defenseless.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
Blindref757
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Blindref757 »

Blindref757 wrote:I've had my plastic for a couple of months now and the wife has not really cared too much either way. She supported me getting it, she doesn't think that money spent on guns and ammo are really in the budget, but she isn't anti-gun. She's made a few little jabs at me when I've put on my holster to go to eat or to wally world--but I thought it was just in fun.

Today we hit a wall when I started to head out to church with my gun in my holster. She really threw a fit...she didn't see any need to be armed in the house of the Lord. I didn't have the time or energy to argue...so I left it on the dresser.

Any tips on trying to get her to understand? I get it...I know we could have car trouble on the way, we could be in an accident with an enraged driver, and while highly unlikely, an active shooter could bust through the doors of the sanctuary. She is viewing my carrying as a "little man syndrome" (I'm 6-3/290) instead of preparedness for disaster.
My, my, my how things have changed! Here is another update...and it is a good one!
This post 3 years ago was one of my first on this forum. Since this time, my wife has really gone through a big change in her mindset...so much so that we went to the local gun show last weekend and bought her a brand new Glock 42...and she is getting her fingerprints done today and taking her class tomorrow! :anamatedbanana She is taking the class without me...and her instructor is a former firearms instructor for BATFE. I know she will be properly instructed and will probably come out shooting better than me!

Oh...and I don't weigh 290...down to 250!

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

Blindref757 wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:I've had my plastic for a couple of months now and the wife has not really cared too much either way. She supported me getting it, she doesn't think that money spent on guns and ammo are really in the budget, but she isn't anti-gun. She's made a few little jabs at me when I've put on my holster to go to eat or to wally world--but I thought it was just in fun.

Today we hit a wall when I started to head out to church with my gun in my holster. She really threw a fit...she didn't see any need to be armed in the house of the Lord. I didn't have the time or energy to argue...so I left it on the dresser.

Any tips on trying to get her to understand? I get it...I know we could have car trouble on the way, we could be in an accident with an enraged driver, and while highly unlikely, an active shooter could bust through the doors of the sanctuary. She is viewing my carrying as a "little man syndrome" (I'm 6-3/290) instead of preparedness for disaster.
My, my, my how things have changed! Here is another update...and it is a good one!
This post 3 years ago was one of my first on this forum. Since this time, my wife has really gone through a big change in her mindset...so much so that we went to the local gun show last weekend and bought her a brand new Glock 42...and she is getting her fingerprints done today and taking her class tomorrow! :anamatedbanana She is taking the class without me...and her instructor is a former firearms instructor for BATFE. I know she will be properly instructed and will probably come out shooting better than me!

Oh...and I don't weigh 290...down to 250!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

goose
Posts in topic: 2

Post by goose »

Blindref757 wrote: My, my, my how things have changed! Here is another update...and it is a good one!
A great post. Congratulations!
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

baron
Banned

Post by baron »

:thumbs2: Glad the update wasn't about a similar protest by your second wife.

jmra

Post by jmra »

baron wrote::thumbs2: Glad the update wasn't about a similar protest by your second wife.
:smilelol5:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

While we're both duly licensed, Mrs. Oldgringo will oft times ask me if I have my gun when we leave the RV...and/or the house.

On the subject of OC, I went out of the RV yesterday to greet a camper. She told me to pull my shirt down over my holster. I said it doesn't matter, we're in Montana....and lovin' it.

5murphy7
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 5murphy7 »

I thought you couldn't carry in a place of worship? Church?

jmra

Post by jmra »

5murphy7 wrote:I thought you couldn't carry in a place of worship? Church?
I'm not going to make this easy for you. It's going to require a little work on you're part. Find where the code says you can't carry in a place of worship. Then continue reading down to the bottom until you get a big smile on your face. Then go to your instructor and demand a refund.

Just kidding:
Penal code 46.035
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

(B)(6) prohibits church carry
(I) say (b)(6) doesn't apply unless you receive notice under 30.06

I'd still ask for that refund.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

5murphy7 wrote:I thought you couldn't carry in a place of worship? Church?
:banghead:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “New to CHL?”