Anyone able to recommend a CHL class in El Paso?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
cloudcroft
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone able to recommend a CHL class in El Paso?

Post by cloudcroft »

Does anyone know of a good CHL class/course here in El Paso? Preferably one where they take care of everything (including fingerprints) for right there in that one location (and even though it'd cost more).

-- John D.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

If thane or quidni does not see this pretty quick, PM one of them.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

quidni
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone able to recommend a CHL class in El Paso?

Post by quidni »

cloudcroft wrote:Does anyone know of a good CHL class/course here in El Paso? Preferably one where they take care of everything (including fingerprints) for right there in that one location (and even though it'd cost more).
El Paso Shooters Academy, with John and Cathy Hubert.
Photos, fingerprinting and notary included.
915-857-2952

John's retired Border Patrol; both he and his wife teach the classes. Good people. They run classes every month for CHL, as well as assorted and sundry basic/advanced training. The CHL class usu. runs in the evening from Wednesday through Friday, with the shooting portion (at Ft Bliss R&G) in the morning either Friday or Saturday (your choice).

The son and I both went through their class & I'd recommend them to anyone.

I'm sure there are other great instructors in the area (I've met Jaime from JAG - he's a real gentleman) but I don't have experience with their teaching styles or what their classes include.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Topic author
cloudcroft
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cloudcroft »

Thanks longtooth and quidni.

I have heard about El Paso Shooters Academy but just the name, no real information.

I will talk to them.

Regards,

-- John D.

Return to “New to CHL?”