So does anybody carry in their cargo pants pocket

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So does anybody carry in their cargo pants pocket

Post by WildBill »

Excaliber wrote:Much depends on the choice of pocket holster. They are not all created alike.

The soft ones will allow the gun to flop around to random positions - not good.
Have you ever tried the DeSantis Nemesis or SuperFly?
NRA Endowment Member

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

C-dub wrote:I have cargo shorts and do not carry in the pockets. Too loose and would flop around too much. I continue to carry IWB or OWB with a gun belt. When carrying while wearing cargo shorts I'll usually have on sandals and a loose, one or two size too big, button shirt. Some of those shirts have patterns and some don't.
Hey C-dub, stop copying me, will ya? Geez we must look like twins...
:thewave

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Excaliber »

WildBill wrote:
Excaliber wrote:Much depends on the choice of pocket holster. They are not all created alike.

The soft ones will allow the gun to flop around to random positions - not good.
Have you ever tried the DeSantis Nemesis or SuperFly?
I have used the Nemesis and it works OK if the pocket is shaped in a way that doesn't give the gun enough room to flop around. Small, light guns help too - but those aren't what I carry.

It's also good for carrying in a fanny pack that doesn't have a built in holster. It doesn't work for me in roomier pockets, while the Fist holster does.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

C-dub wrote:I have cargo shorts and do not carry in the pockets. Too loose and would flop around too much. I continue to carry IWB or OWB with a gun belt. When carrying while wearing cargo shorts I'll usually have on sandals and a loose, one or two size too big, button shirt. Some of those shirts have patterns and some don't.
Hawaiian? ;-)
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

Ftak
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ftak »

I was going to give another heads up when it comes to certain types of clothes for in the waist carry anyway. Anything with draw strings should really be avoided for string really can get tangled up in the holster or your weapon itself

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 »

Time to update here!: I have been carrying my Kahr PM9 in my cargo pocket, as my BUG. I am pleased to announce a new baby to my firearms family...the Springfield Armory XDs .45. Wow! Quite pleased. It is a tad bigger than the PM9, but the payload is a whole heck of a lot more impressive. I have been waiting for this for a long time. My primary EDC is a Glock 30 (.45 cal). I wanted my BUG to be the same caliber, and now it is.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “New to CHL?”