Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jaybeau
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Please don't use the term Wally Walk

Post by jaybeau »

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I work for a major, and I do mean major, retailer. We have been contacted by different news agencies concerning the term 'Wally Walk' and our condoning this term. We had a meeting very early this morning regarding it and I can say that policies will probably change if this story goes to the national media. And by policies I mean 30.06 signs. If we do that other major retailers will be right behind.
So please stop using this term in general or as a 'right of passage' for getting a CHL.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Please don't use the term Wally Walk

Post by baldeagle »

How bout if we call it China walk? Would that be OK with their highnesses? Or liberty walk? Sheesh. Sick and tired of companies kowtowing to the liberal agenda. How about asking the executives to grow a pair instead? Would that work?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

WalMart isn't going to put up 30.06 signs because of a slang term. If they go up, it will be for other reasons. I'm also not worried about other corporations following WalMart's lead on anything. That's like liberals and Californians claiming "as California goes, so goes the nation." It doesn't happen and we used to laugh about that in law school, many many years ago.

Chas.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

From a money perspective I spend 4-800 a month at wally world and have no problem taking it to Target or Kroger and costco.There will always be somebody else that wants my money. I am sure I am not alone on this either.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

AEA

Post by AEA »

jaybeau wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,
I work for a major, and I do mean major, retailer. We have been contacted by different news agencies concerning the term 'Wally Walk' and our condoning this term. We had a meeting very early this morning regarding it and I can say that policies will probably change if this story goes to the national media. And by policies I mean 30.06 signs. If we do that other major retailers will be right behind.
So please stop using this term in general or as a 'right of passage' for getting a CHL.
Tell your "Major Retailer" to stop telling me what I can or cannot say.

Let them change "Policies" and loose business. They will change back faster than you think, at least in Texas anyway.
Last edited by AEA on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

Stores with blue (under 51%) alcohol signs like Grocery stores, convenience stores, WalMart aren't likely to 30.06

ummm It's April 1st today, if you haven't checked the calendar yet

I"m sensing a new New licensee/forum member w/ a sense of humor "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

BTW, A buddy of mine invented Wally Walking back before WalMart was around, in Houston it was a way of walking, sort of half-duck-like; invented it at a dance, his name was Wally ... has nothing to do with guns, Wally Walked funny ... (true story)
Last edited by RPB on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RPB wrote:Stores with blue signs like Grocery stores aren't likely to 30.06

ummm It's April 1st today, if you haven't checked the calendar yet

I"m sensing a new New licensee/forum member w/ a sense of humor "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I"m getting old and here's the proof.
Chas.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Wonder what that major retailer would do in say, Virginia where carrying is a constitutional right and 30.06 signs do not exist :biggrinjester:

I fell for an April Fools thing on Twitter earlier.
I'm no lawyer

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Hope you guys didn't take the hook to deep. It's going to hurt getting it removed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

mojo84 wrote:Hope you guys didn't take the hook to deep. It's going to hurt getting it removed.
I have swallowed real deep. I am not convinced yet it is and April 1 thing. I will be hanging around to see just how gullible I am.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Oh that was a good one!
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

jaybeau wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,
If this is an April Fool's joke, I congratulate you. It is a good one and I was sucked in until I read RPB's post that eluded to the possibility. :tiphat:

And if not, well, given WalMart's demographic, I would suppose that WalMart would take a huge hit if they put up any 30.06 signs. I, myself, would no longer shop there. Which term or situation hurts WalMart more, the "People of WalMart" or "Wally Walk?" Besides, the good folks of other states are not going to have a clue what that big ugly sign is for. :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

got me.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Related:
California WalMart becomes a drive-thru
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/31/justice/c ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When will CA ban blunt objects? They kill more than guns do.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
jaybeau
Banned

Post by jaybeau »

For the record, I'm not saying who I work for and I would certainly not support the policy. However, there is a proactive stance being taken to avoid media reports and the possibility of something occurring that made it look like the company I work for was 'in front' of any issues. Please be careful when using the aforementioned term, 'Wally Walk'.

Return to “New to CHL?”