'Scuze me while I whip this out.

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

texanjoker

Re: 'Scuze me while I whip this out.

Post by texanjoker »

This thread reminds me of the homey's I have chased. As they ran their pants fell down.. :mrgreen:

I've never had an issue pulling my weapon out and keeping the pants on... but then I carry OWB with a belt.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jaguar »

texanjoker wrote:This thread reminds me of the homey's I have chased. As they ran their pants fell down.. :mrgreen:

I've never had an issue pulling my weapon out and keeping the pants on... but then I carry OWB with a belt.
I don't know how you can arrest them after that - it isn't fair - or you're laughing too hard. :biggrinjester:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Pecos
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pecos »

If you have to pull you gun & your pants fall down, This could stop the threat! The agressor will be rolling in laughster & you can get away with out firing a shot!!! Also wear Sponge Bob boxers!!! "rlol"
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Texheim
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texheim »

I pull mine out of the holster every day at work, en el bano. I pull my gun before I loosen my belt. Never had a problem...
"Y'all may go to hell and I shall go to Texas"

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

Wal-Mart carries these belt clip suspenders that I have been wearing. you can wear then inside or outside your shirt . I clip them in front of a belp loop sso it doesnt interfear with drawing my gun. There very easy to put on. Just an idea. :tiphat:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

JMod45

Post by JMod45 »

I used a cheap nylon holster for about the first month having my license, been using a hybrid holster since I found one. I talked to a CHL instructor at a gun show about a month ago about IWB holsters. He said he used a nylon holster years ago, and one day when he was disarming at home, the gun got stuck in the holster. The holster had worn enough that the front sight got stuck in the fabric. Said he was fortunate that didn't happen when he needed the gun, and only wears leather holsters now. Just something else to think about that had never crossed my mind.

Also, gotta give credit for the Blazing Saddles reference, it's one of my favorites. Sad that so many people my age (I'm 28) don't get Mel Brooks references.

Topic author
FigNewton
Posts in topic: 5

Post by FigNewton »

Appreciate all of the input. I ordered an Alien Gear holster in black today. Next on the list if that one doesn't work out is the Kholster. Off to shop for belts. I will go searching the plethora of threads for suggestions. Thanks all.

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

FigNewton wrote:So this might sound crazy but I am going to ask anyway. Is anyone else besides me concerned that if they ever have to draw their weapon that your pants might actually get the drop on you?
Not in the slightest. I shoot matches with my carry gear and I know my gear works.

JMod45

Post by JMod45 »

FigNewton wrote:Appreciate all of the input. I ordered an Alien Gear holster in black today. Next on the list if that one doesn't work out is the Kholster. Off to shop for belts. I will go searching the plethora of threads for suggestions. Thanks all.
I have had an Alien Gear for probably about a month now, I really like it. Once I got it set, I had to remove the extra metal pieces from the holes I wasn't using, as they were poking me in the side. It has really thick leather, so it took a good couple weeks to get the holster formed to my side. Just a head's up.

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Robert*PPS »

texanjoker wrote:This thread reminds me of the homey's I have chased. As they ran their pants fell down.. :mrgreen:

:smilelol5:

This reminds me of a couple of weekends ago. I was carrying while wearing my normal jeans. My holster is a Tactipac fusion, which is independent of your garments, so this particular day I did not have a belt on, plus I've lost a little weight. I had to disarm to visit a family member in the hospital, but I left my holster on. While walking, I knew I was going to have an issue when I felt my pants slide down past the holster. Right about the time I noticed, my wife, who was a couple of feet behind me, scoffed and said, "pull up your pants...you look like a thug".

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

ok, so as another newbie... (and still waiting on plastic) this thread brings up a point for me... what is a considered a good gunbelt and where can I find them? I have been carrying IWB with a kydex holster around the house with my regular leather belt with no problems, but I don't know the difference.....help a fellow out! :bigear:

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

drumbdummer wrote:ok, so as another newbie... (and still waiting on plastic) this thread brings up a point for me... what is a considered a good gunbelt and where can I find them? I have been carrying IWB with a kydex holster around the house with my regular leather belt with no problems, but I don't know the difference.....help a fellow out! :bigear:
There are lots of good belts out there, I would suggest you search here and see what you can find. I have a Galco belt but after a year it is beginning to sag so I am considering moving up to a Beltman Bullhide belt.

If you prefer nylon over leather - there are the wilderness instructors belts, there are all kinds, just do some searches and see what peaks yor interest. Here's one. http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... lt#p839354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And your standard department store leather belt is not a gun belt - once you get one you will realize why. :cheers2:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

drumbdummer wrote:ok, so as another newbie... (and still waiting on plastic) this thread brings up a point for me... what is a considered a good gunbelt and where can I find them? I have been carrying IWB with a kydex holster around the house with my regular leather belt with no problems, but I don't know the difference.....help a fellow out! :bigear:

Usually, they will be made by the same people who make holsters and be sold as gun belts.
Byron Dickens

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Pecos wrote:Wal-Mart carries these belt clip suspenders that I have been wearing. you can wear then inside or outside your shirt . I clip them in front of a belp loop sso it doesnt interfear with drawing my gun. There very easy to put on. Just an idea. :tiphat:
Suspenders/braces are a *very* good idea. I have all of my suit paints/dress slacks outfitted with the buttons for braces/suspenders...I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to wearing pants. :tiphat: Your local tailor/suit shop (ie - Men's Wearhouse, Nordstrom, Brooks Brothers, Jos A Banks, etc.) can easily sew the buttons on to your trousers (or maybe your wife, if she can sew, can show you how to do it...mine cannot... :biggrinjester: )...or go with the clip-on suspenders. I'm a fan of the button-type, less chance of "ooops." :biggrinjester:

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

PUCKER wrote:
Pecos wrote:Wal-Mart carries these belt clip suspenders that I have been wearing. you can wear then inside or outside your shirt . I clip them in front of a belp loop sso it doesnt interfear with drawing my gun. There very easy to put on. Just an idea. :tiphat:
Suspenders/braces are a *very* good idea. I have all of my suit paints/dress slacks outfitted with the buttons for braces/suspenders...I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to wearing pants. :tiphat: Your local tailor/suit shop (ie - Men's Wearhouse, Nordstrom, Brooks Brothers, Jos A Banks, etc.) can easily sew the buttons on to your trousers (or maybe your wife, if she can sew, can show you how to do it...mine cannot... :biggrinjester: )...or go with the clip-on suspenders. I'm a fan of the button-type, less chance of "ooops." :biggrinjester:
Safety engineer??? :biggrinjester:
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Return to “New to CHL?”