Gym shorts carry

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
WyattP
Posts in topic: 3

Gym shorts carry

Post by WyattP »

So I've been carrying since early January and wanted to give me .02 about carrying in gym shorts. Being in college and involved in athletics, I do not wear jeans unless it's cold outside. I typically wear gym shorts and a t shirt. I carry M&P shield 9mm in my blackhawk iwb tuck able holster. I recommend for the gym short carry the Nike Basketball shorts. They by far are the best I have due to their thick waste band and easy knot tie. I do own the lighter Nike Baseball shorts that I prefer to wear when not carrying, but it is no where near as comfortable as the thick waste banded Nike Basketball shorts. When wearing these shorts I have no problem and the gun sits very comfortably at my 3:00 position. Carry on!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gym shorts carry

Post by WildBill »

Even though my days of wearing gym shorts are over, this may help some of the younger and more athletic forum members.

Thanks for the post WyattP. Carry on! :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

I wear jeans shorts most all of the summer, just not real short. :evil2:

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

have you checked out pistolwear? I use it when biking,running and going to the gym. then you can just wear any shorts.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Topic author
WyattP

Post by WyattP »

Oldgringo wrote:I wear jeans shorts most all of the summer, just not real short. :evil2:
Jean shorts! I hope they aren't too short!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

WyattP wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:I wear jeans shorts most all of the summer, just not real short. :evil2:
Here are a few noobie CHL holders doing the wally walk sportin their best Sunday jorts. Just goes to show how easy one can conceal a handgun.

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
WyattP wrote:
Here are a few noobie CHL holders doing the wally walk sportin their best Sunday jorts. Just goes to show how easy one can conceal a handgun.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
I'm so thankful I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Waggling tubs of unembarrassed suet are the new 'norm'.

The "Village People" look, if you will, is trending too...though I don't know what character the guy is going for, maybe NON-macho, macho, macho man. Or, maybe he's tuning up for Gay Pride week.

03Lightningrocks

Could the guy in the left picture be oldgringo?

And here is one just for you Abraham.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I am so thankful I don't see folks that look like that in our Walmart. :cryin
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Lionman13

Post by Lionman13 »

Is this People of Walmarts, or Texas CHL? I would have assumed that the Remora or Sticky Holster would be easiest with gym shorts, but I guess there are more traditional holster options. Today feels like summer, and if i was not doing a showing (new to CHL) I'd be trying to wear my Shield with gym shorts in my Desantis. I think they would fall down though.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

03Lightningrocks,

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never. Pass into nothingness; but still will keep.

WyattP,

One of the things often spoken of here is having to adjust your clothing to accommodate your EDC.

Like you, I wear shorts almost year around.

I typically wear ourdoor clothing, such as cargo shorts, a shirt and a cover garment, which for me is a vest. Under the vest, my G19 fits in an OWB bolatron holster (very high quality plastic rather than kydex) with a magazine carrier and fully loaded spare magazine located on the opposite side of my body. All hanging on a high quality gun belt.

In the hot summer months, I change from the above rig to no cover garment and use an OWB zippered rectangular pack (this is not a fanny pack) that also holds a spare magazine. This type holster looks like it could contain binoculars or camera gear.

If your gym shorts are made of nylon or similar material, and these are the only shorts you care to wear, the only way I can think to reasonably carry a pistol is the zippered OWB pack, I mentioned above. Or perhaps, a shoulder rig, but then you have a whole new set of requirements...

With shorts made of sturdier material your options will increase.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

WyattP wrote:thick waste band
Is that what we used to call a skid mark? :biggrinjester:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

03Lightningrocks

tbrown wrote:
WyattP wrote:thick waste band
Is that what we used to call a skid mark? :biggrinjester:
No. You just gave the correct answer to the following question. "What is typically found at the scene of most pedestrian hit and run accidents, but is always missing when the victim is a liberal?"

Topic author
WyattP

Post by WyattP »

Abraham wrote:03Lightningrocks,

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never. Pass into nothingness; but still will keep.

WyattP,

One of the things often spoken of here is having to adjust your clothing to accommodate your EDC.

Like you, I wear shorts almost year around.

I typically wear ourdoor clothing, such as cargo shorts, a shirt and a cover garment, which for me is a vest. Under the vest, my G19 fits in an OWB bolatron holster (very high quality plastic rather than kydex) with a magazine carrier and fully loaded spare magazine located on the opposite side of my body. All hanging on a high quality gun belt.

In the hot summer months, I change from the above rig to no cover garment and use an OWB zippered rectangular pack (this is not a fanny pack) that also holds a spare magazine. This type holster looks like it could contain binoculars or camera gear.

If your gym shorts are made of nylon or similar material, and these are the only shorts you care to wear, the only way I can think to reasonably carry a pistol is the zippered OWB pack, I mentioned above. Or perhaps, a shoulder rig, but then you have a whole new set of requirements...

With shorts made of sturdier material your options will increase.
Yeah I hear you on the sturdier shorts, but i just don't wear any shorts with belt loops unless it's date night;). Surprisingly though, the nylon Nike Basketball shorts work perfect. I forgot to mention I also have my boxers under the iwb clip so it's both waste bands holding it up. I understand this is not a typical way people carry (maybe it is), but my small 9mm shield sits perfectly and doesn't pull down at all. I would recommend a similar combo for anyone wearing gym shorts. The thicker/wider the wasteband the better.

Return to “New to CHL?”