Red 51% sign at Abuelo's in Hurst

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
FrogFan
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Red 51% sign at Abuelo's in Hurst

Post by FrogFan »

BuckFlicks wrote:I have a hard time believing that Abuelo's qualifies for 51%. It's primarily a restaurant.
They don't, per their license and as indicated on the TABC website. A couple of us have complained, but it's taking the TABC awhile to investigate and correct the problem.

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pete92FS »

Ran into the same situation at Quail Valley Golf Club in Missouri City two weks ago. They have a 51% RED sign next to the door leading into their pro shop. Looked them up and they are registered as BLUE. Sent in a complaint form this morning.
CHL since 01/26/09

tkennemer

Post by tkennemer »

My husband and I took my mother-in-law to the Abuelo's in Hurst just yesterday. 51% sign was still prominently displayed. When we saw it, we both said there is NO WAY their consumed alcohol revenue is 51% of their total revenue. After we left, I almost went back in to ask the manager about it but instead decided we just wouldn't eat there again. Glad to know we weren't the only skeptics. I think I may just file a TABC complaint instead.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

There's an app for that! TABC Mobile Applications
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “New to CHL?”