First Carry

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jasday
Posts in topic: 1

First Carry

Post by jasday »

I did my first carry tonight. Went out to dinner with my wife, one of her friends and the kids for my youngest's birthday. I carried with my Ruger SR 1911 CMD in a OWB Serpa. I wore a longer polo since I was wearing a OWB. Everyone did look at me, at least I noticed they were. I only checked it once or twice while sitting. I just wanted to make sure, for my own comfort, that I wasn't sticking out the bottom of my shirt. I should have a IWB leather here this week and a Alien Gear is on order.
jasday

Selina Kyle

Re: First Carry

Post by Selina Kyle »

That's awesome! I cannot wait to do my first carry. It sounds like it went well for you.

:txflag:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

jasday wrote:I did my first carry tonight. Went out to dinner with my wife, one of her friends and the kids for my youngest's birthday. I carried with my Ruger SR 1911 CMD in a OWB Serpa. I wore a longer polo since I was wearing a OWB. Everyone did look at me, at least I noticed they were. I only checked it once or twice while sitting. I just wanted to make sure, for my own comfort, that I wasn't sticking out the bottom of my shirt. I should have a IWB leather here this week and a Alien Gear is on order.
Congrats. The everyone looking feeling will go away soon.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

jasday wrote:I did my first carry tonight. Went out to dinner with my wife, one of her friends and the kids for my youngest's birthday.

Hope the whole family had fun! And like I said earlier - you'll get comfortable enough, soon, to realize that no one's looking - they'reall wrapped up in their own little worlds.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

congrats on your first carry..... after a couple of weeks you will not even think about it.... hardest choice will be which holster to use today ;-)
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Return to “New to CHL?”