First Carry today

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
bryan1980
Posts in topic: 1

First Carry today

Post by bryan1980 »

I picked a different place for my first carry instead of Wally World. I needed to pick up some defensive ammo, so I chose Cabela's for my first walk. My setup is an XDS 9 and a holster from firearmholster.com. I was wearing cargo shorts and an untucked polo shirt. I checked myself in the mirror before we left, and it was only I leaned way over to the left that you could tell something was under there. As far as comfort goes, I could certainly tell I was wearing it, but it was never really uncomfortable. The gun stayed in place and didn't shift around or anything. I think it went very well for the first carry. We'll see how it goes all next week at work.

I'm already thinking of another carry gun, probably something like a Taurus TCP738, maybe with a Pocket tuk holster that's easy just to throw on for a quick trip to the store or something.
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

Kadelic

Re: First Carry today

Post by Kadelic »

Congratulations on knocking the new off that plastic! :cheers2: Cabela's is a good a place as any for your first time. Make it an everyday habit and it will soon become as natural as carrying your wallet and car keys.
Honor Necessity

STEELTRIP1N

Post by STEELTRIP1N »

Congrats on your first carry.

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

Congrats! The tcp is a great secondary choice! I have one for the same purpose. The desantis nemesis pocket holster is perfect!
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

Return to “New to CHL?”