Nobody's noticed thus far

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Nobody's noticed thus far

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, I would recommend IN THE STRONGEST TERMS that you do not place a loaded gun in a pocket without the pocket holster. There are ways you can have a negligent discharge and shoot yourself or someone else that are too numerous to count.

Your comments about IWB being too inconvenient are simply rationalizations. Either carry a gun in a holster or don't carry it until you've purchased a holster that you will use.

I am not trying to be a jerk; I am trying to prevent a serious judgment error that could alter your life forever.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

Jumping Frog wrote:Well, I would recommend IN THE STRONGEST TERMS that you do not place a loaded gun in a pocket without the pocket holster. There are ways you can have a negligent discharge and shoot yourself or someone else that are too numerous to count.

Your comments about IWB being too inconvenient are simply rationalizations. Either carry a gun in a holster or don't carry it until you've purchased a holster that you will use.

I am not trying to be a jerk; I am trying to prevent a serious judgment error that could alter your life forever.
Jumping Frog's warning should be taken very seriously.

Pocket carry without a holster is one of the easiest ways to set up for a negligent discharge.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis »

Your situation is a lot like mine. Let us know which pocket holster you got and how you liked it. I am trying a keylar (sp?) that is safe but so far hard to draw smoothly.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

Undertaker57
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Undertaker57 »

Sorry work has been crazy. To answer your question, I was using the IWB holster when putting the gun in my pocket, but since then, my pocket holster has arrived and it is fantastic. It is a Barsony leather pocket holster that I bought online - for those that are interested. It fits in my suit pants, or any pants for that matter, really well. Seats great in the pocket and I have had no problems with the draw. Its small and open at the top but I am carrying a Polish P64. Its small and terribly concealable, so the holster (which is designed for that gun) works great. NO, I did not carry the gun loose in the pocket but only with the IWB. I know its not designed for that but now I do have the pocket holster - both the same brand and made for my gun. Works so well that I am curious whether the IWB will even get any use come winter time.
God bless the Republic of Texas . . . and football!

bigity

Post by bigity »

I was talking into the gas station quick stop the other day and noticed my shirt tail was kind of hung up on one side of my IWB holster, I reached back to make sure it was covered and turned around and there was a LEO 3 feet behind me. I kinda gulped and my heart rate sped up but I guess he didn't notice or I wasn't showing as much as it 'felt'.

For the most part I've adjusted to carrying all the time but still have to resist the urge to check every 10 seconds sometimes.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I carry all the time, including at work, usually OWB. I've also ankle and pocket carried. No one has ever noticed. I've lately being OWB carrying a N-Frame 8-shot .357 Mag, and two speed loaders or moon clips on my belt. It's relatively large, but the profile and rounded grips make it significantly less visible than an equally sized semi. It's relatively light weight with an alloy frame and titanium cylinder, so comfortable to carry I hardly know it's there. (After I got one for my wife I decided I needed one too).
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “New to CHL?”