New to TX CHL

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
ripnbst
Posts in topic: 4

New to TX CHL

Post by ripnbst »

Hello everyone, just joined here. Recently moved from Tulsa, OK and was a Pittsburgh, PA native before that. Obtained CHL and carried in both places prior to here. I may be unfamiliar with the intricacies of TX law, but some stuff taught in my CHL class I know was downright incorrect so naturally everything I heard is now called into question.

Waiting on my TX permit for now, figured I'd get on here and familiarize myself with like minded individuals. Man do I miss PA, no course requirement, $50, 5 year license.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: New to TX CHL

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Wilkommen! You can't be a true Texan until you've eaten your body weight in: 1) Tex Mes Plus: 2) Barbeque (beef); 3)chciken fried steak. I suggest you get started.

Have you taken the test yet?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

ripnbst wrote: some stuff taught in my CHL class I know was downright incorrect so naturally everything I heard is now called into question.
Download and read this:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetFo ... CHL-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poke around here for answers to any questions. Anything you can't figure out, just ask. It's a helpful, friendly group here.

Welcome! :txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Welcome to the forum and the Great State of Texas.

If you don't mind, what were some of the things taught in your class that you're sure were incorrect?

:shock: :grumble I just found out I can never be a true Texan. I can't stand chicken fried steak and don't think I even ate the first piece I ever took a bite out of. :sad:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

C-dub wrote::shock: :grumble I just found out I can never be a true Texan. I can't stand chicken fried steak and don't think I even ate the first piece I ever took a bite out of. :sad:
I'm starting the deportation paperwork now. :txflag: :fire

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

brhalltx wrote:
C-dub wrote::shock: :grumble I just found out I can never be a true Texan. I can't stand chicken fried steak and don't think I even ate the first piece I ever took a bite out of. :sad:
:lol:: C'mon. I've eaten several peoples' weights combined in both Tex-Mex and BBQ and can make a pretty good chili. I wanna stay!!!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

C-dub wrote:
brhalltx wrote:
:lol:: C'mon. I've eaten several peoples' weights combined in both Tex-Mex and BBQ and can make a pretty good chili. I wanna stay!!!
Sorry. You have to go, but Holly can stay. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
C-dub wrote:
brhalltx wrote:
Sorry. You have to go, but Holly can stay. ;-)
She is Native, but doesn't like CFS either.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

C-dub wrote::lol:: C'mon. I've eaten several peoples' weights combined in both Tex-Mex and BBQ and can make a pretty good chili. I wanna stay!!!
Does your chili have beans? :txflag:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

brhalltx wrote:
C-dub wrote::lol:: C'mon. I've eaten several peoples' weights combined in both Tex-Mex and BBQ and can make a pretty good chili. I wanna stay!!!
Does your chili have beans? :txflag:
One with black beans and one without any beans.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

C-dub wrote:One with black beans and one without any beans.
Hmmm, you're on the edge... Beans in chili is a sure sign of Yankeeism. :txflag:

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

brhalltx wrote:
C-dub wrote:One with black beans and one without any beans.
Hmmm, you're on the edge... Beans in chili is a sure sign of Yankeeism. :txflag:
I like Ranch Style Beans in my chili...don't care what the "experts" say! Welcome to Texas to the OP!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

At least I don't put spaghetti under my chili when I serve it. I don't know what ever possessed those folks up there in Indiana to do that.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

C-dub wrote:At least I don't put spaghetti under my chili when I serve it. I don't know what ever possessed those folks up there in Indiana to do that.
Couldn't make pasta sauce, I suppose... Chili with beans is nothing but stew. :txflag:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

C-dub wrote:
brhalltx wrote:
Well if you can make good chili, there is a resident visa waiver you can fill out. but you'll have to send us all some chili to test first...for science!

Return to “New to CHL?”