carrying with a blue 51%

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Emtifre09
Posts in topic: 3

carrying with a blue 51%

Post by Emtifre09 »

I know the blue means nothing to us, but what if your going into a restaurant that has a bar but the tabc wesite says the gun sign is blue. can i sit at the bar concealed as long as the bar doesnt have the sign in red 51%? for example Texas Roadhouse.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Re: carrying with a blue 51%

Post by joe817 »

If the sign is blue, you are good to go. As long as it says " sign = blue " . Or words to that effect.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Emtifre09

Post by Emtifre09 »

so even sitting at the bar while carrying im ok? if so thats good. i dont drink but i have friends and family that like to sit at the bars in restaurants. iv had my plastic about a week and there are some things that are making me nervous i need to get clarified lol

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Does going into WalMart make you nervous? They have the same blue sign at each entrance. Carrying in one is just as legal as carrying in the other.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "blue 51%" sign. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Emtifre09

Post by Emtifre09 »

right. i meant the gun code=blue lol.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Pawpaw wrote:Does going into WalMart make you nervous? They have the same blue sign at each entrance. Carrying in one is just as legal as carrying in the other.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "blue 51%" sign. ;-)
When did the blue sign go away?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I've never seen a blue 51%, only red. Now, I've seen plenty of blue TABC signs anywhere that alcohol is sold that means nothing to a CHL holder.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

an establishment's license will specify Blue or Red. It can't be both. A restaurant cannot have a blue sign out front, and a red sign at the bar for example. For a CHL, Blue sign, carry away.

There are some unusual places where a Red sign does apply, even tho the venue may appear to be Blue, such as at a Concert Hall, where a concession vendor sells alcohol, but is not part of the concert hall company. This will still make the entire concert hall red.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The reason I asked is that you go to TABC's site, the blue signs aren't available there??? I hadn't heard that they got rid of them...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RogueUSMC wrote:The reason I asked is that you go to TABC's site, the blue signs aren't available there??? I hadn't heard that they got rid of them...
Me neither! It's always been on the establishment's liquor license. I thought that's what we were talking about! :shock:

I think there is confusion on the types of signs we're talking about. I'm talking about the store's liquor license itself.

This link from a couple of years ago might help:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55424&p=677775&hili ... ue#p677775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ELB

Post by ELB »

RogueUSMC wrote:The reason I asked is that you go to TABC's site, the blue signs aren't available there??? I hadn't heard that they got rid of them...
The blue and the red and a bunch of other signs are available on the TABC site here: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publication ... .asp#signs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like years ago the blue sign did have a faint, light blue 51% in the background, just like the red ones have the faint red 51%, but that's long gone, if it ever was.
USAF 1982-2005

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Had lunch today at a local sports bar type place. Gun sign = Blue. Sat at the next table over from three LEO's including a Captain. All of us were armed. I was carrying in a fanny pack (just worked out that way today). Nobody seemed too concerned about it. ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “New to CHL?”