gun clips

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
saltwaterslime
Posts in topic: 3

gun clips

Post by saltwaterslime »

If your hand gun has to be concealed dose that mean your clip has to be as well.

C-dub

Re: gun clips

Post by C-dub »

saltwaterslime wrote:If your hand gun has to be concealed dose that mean your clip has to be as well.
Welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about the clips of the holster that hang on the belt or the spare magazine(s) in another holster?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

My gun doesn't use clips so I can't really say for sure. My guess would be no. I carry a spare magazine concealed also but don't think it's required to be concealed.
Just makes sense if you're carrying concealed to keep anyone from knowing you have a gun that the spare ammo would be the same. Why attract attention to yourself.

Topic author
saltwaterslime

Post by saltwaterslime »

Sorry yes I meant magazine, just wondering cause for some folks keep there weapon inside there waist band I guess if you carry a extra mag you can just wear a shirt that covers it, I agree you don't want to attract attention.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

No law that says a spare magazine must be concealed. But, as you've noted, it wouldn't be wise to draw attention to yourself by having a magazine obviously visible.

And, BTW, as far as the gun goes, it doesn't matter if it is loaded or not. Just FYI in case you might have also wondered about that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

I know things have changed, but back during Viet Nam, it was not uncommon to call pistol magazines "clips". Rifles magazines never were, except the M1, which used clips.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
saltwaterslime

Post by saltwaterslime »

OK guys thanks for the info.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

saltwaterslime wrote:Sorry yes I meant magazine, just wondering cause for some folks keep there weapon inside there waist band I guess if you carry a extra mag you can just wear a shirt that covers it, I agree you don't want to attract attention.
Welcome to the Forum. You can carry a spare magazine on your the out side of your waist band on your belt. You can carry vertical or horizontal. There are many leather makers who make pocket holsters for your spare magazine. I used to carry in my pocket in a holster, but I change some time back to a horizontal magazine carrier.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

I must confess that I have been observed on a number of occasions openly carrying a magazine - usually it is the American Rifleman.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Some here get rather annoyed when the "Clips" is used instead of "Magazine".

I get annoyed when I hear the word "Handle" used instead of "Grip" in reference to the thingy you hold your precious with...

Or, in the movies someone is holding a gun on an evil doer for quite some time and then later finally rack the slide loading a cartridge into the chamber. So for the entire duration of custody they were holding (in essence) and unloaded pistol on the perp.

Aaaaaarrrgggghh!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Abraham wrote:Some here get rather annoyed when the "Clips" is used instead of "Magazine".

I get annoyed when I hear the word "Handle" used instead of "Grip" in reference to the thingy you hold your precious with...

Or, in the movies someone is holding a gun on an evil doer for quite some time and then later finally rack the slide loading a cartridge into the chamber. So for the entire duration of custody they were holding (in essence) and unloaded pistol on the perp.

Aaaaaarrrgggghh!
:iagree:
I keep waiting for the person bing held to roll their eyes thinking "I could have jumped this guy the whole time".
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

What you don't know can hurt you.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I carry a loaded magazine on my belt in a nylon pouch. To the casual observer, it looks like a multitool.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

oljames3 wrote:I carry a loaded magazine on my belt in a nylon pouch. To the casual observer, it looks like a multitool.
Right! Nobody knows, nobody cares......

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

I carry my extra mag/clip in one of this. No second look here.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Return to “New to CHL?”