First Weekend Completed

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
harv418
Posts in topic: 2

First Weekend Completed

Post by harv418 »

Returned from Canada to find a nice surprise in the Mailbox. DPS took between 21-14 days to get me my plastic.

Carried all day Saturday and Sunday. Even did the 12 yr old check. Took him with me everywhere to assess how he would react knowing I was carrying. My biggest fear is the "yeah, well my dad is carrying his gun and he'll just shoot you" mouthing from my kid. He knows better, I know he knows better, but it is still a fear.

Any way... I went all day Saturday.. Academy, Autozone, Oreilly's, and Target with my XD on my hip in an alien gear Cloak 2. Work Perfect, nobody noticed, cops were never called. Boy did great, after the inital store visit, it was out of site out of mind for him.

Sunday, he asked my why I was carrying around the house. :roll:
Robert Harvey
Friendswood, TX

lildave40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Weekend Completed

Post by lildave40 »

Congrats! Feels good doesn't it? :cheers2:

Topic author
harv418
Posts in topic: 2

Re: First Weekend Completed

Post by harv418 »

After a while, the "oh my God, did my shirt just lift" and the "Dang it, use your off hand to reach up" goes away. The comfort of having there is nice and Calming. I was really worried when a pedistrian and an Auto got into a "spirited" discussion at the cross walk in front of Academy, but just kept walking and thinking "Be a Good Witness"
Robert Harvey
Friendswood, TX

Return to “New to CHL?”