Texas DL/ID Audit Number

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mostcomplete
Posts in topic: 1

Texas DL/ID Audit Number

Post by mostcomplete »

New CHL.....The Customer Authentication page under the Texas DPS web page is needing me to fill in a link for "Texas DL/ID Audit Number". Do I put both numbers or just one of the two? I don't want to do it wrong and have it take that much longer.

ScooterSissy

Re: Texas DL/ID Audit Number

Post by ScooterSissy »

mostcomplete wrote:New CHL.....The Customer Authentication page under the Texas DPS web page is needing me to fill in a link for "Texas DL/ID Audit Number". Do I put both numbers or just one of the two? I don't want to do it wrong and have it take that much longer.
I believe they're asking for the audit number from either your Texas Driver's License (that's what I put on mine), or the audit number from your Texas DPS Identification card. You should only have one or the other.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

ScooterSissy wrote:
mostcomplete wrote:New CHL.....The Customer Authentication page under the Texas DPS web page is needing me to fill in a link for "Texas DL/ID Audit Number". Do I put both numbers or just one of the two? I don't want to do it wrong and have it take that much longer.
I believe they're asking for the audit number from either your Texas Driver's License (that's what I put on mine), or the audit number from your Texas DPS Identification card. You should only have one or the other.
No reason why you can't have both. For consistency, I'd use the DL number and DL audit number if I had both.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

They are asking for the audit number on your Texas DL. That is the really long number across the bottom - not the 8 digit DL number.

You can use the Texas ID audit number if you do not have a driver's license, and are applying with a Texas ID instead.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

What in the world is this DL audit number ya'll speak of?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

It's about a 20 digit number across the bottom of your license if you have a new style license, and vertically by the picture on the old style.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Crossfire wrote:It's about a 20 digit number across the bottom of your license if you have a new style license, and vertically by the picture on the old style.
Okay. It has "DD" next to it. it doesn't say "audit."
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

C-dub wrote:
Crossfire wrote:It's about a 20 digit number across the bottom of your license if you have a new style license, and vertically by the picture on the old style.
Okay. It has "DD" next to it. it doesn't say "audit."
Well, duh! They wouldn't want just anyone to figure out the secret squirrel code. :lol:

Return to “New to CHL?”