Proper 30.06

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
meeksG26
Posts in topic: 1

Proper 30.06

Post by meeksG26 »

How do property owners and places of business acquire the proper 30.06 sign?

As I'm learning where i can and can't carry, I'm hearing that this "Place" has the 30.06 sign but it does not meet regulation......

Who would post a sign thinking "this will stop guns from entering my business", but not get the proper 30.06?

jmra

Re: Proper 30.06

Post by jmra »

"How do property owners and places of business acquire the proper 30.06 sign?"

If I knew, I sure wouldn't tell.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

:iagree:
NRA Life Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

meeksG26 wrote:How do property owners and places of business acquire the proper 30.06 sign?

As I'm learning where i can and can't carry, I'm hearing that this "Place" has the 30.06 sign but it does not meet regulation......

Who would post a sign thinking "this will stop guns from entering my business", but not get the proper 30.06?
In your learning process, you should become familiar with Texas Penal Code Title 7, Chapter 30. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.30.htm

Also read HB910 as enrolled: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84 ... navpanes=0

Lots of changes from the 84th legislature.

As to your question, business make their own signs or hire someone to make the signs. As to why someone would post a sign that does not meet the clear and simple requirements of the penal code, I would have to make a guess to answer that. I'm an engineer by education and a field artilleryman by training and experience. I seriously dislike guessing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “New to CHL?”