Carrying Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MP(Ret)95B
Posts in topic: 2

Carrying Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Hello all...new member to the forum and have a question for the group.
Picked up a Taurus PT140 .40 Cal a couple of weeks ago. I've carried for many years in other states (now have my application to TX DPS and waiting for my plastic).
Now for the question: The PT-140 has both a trigger safety plus an external safety. I've carried Glocks with a round in the pipe with no problem and I'm wondering the opinion of the long time members as far as carrying the Taurus WITHOUT the external safety on (round in chamber). I know enough to keep my bugger finger off the bang stick until needed. I hate to have to retrain myself to switch off the external safety in a situation.
My other carry weapon is a Ruger P89DC which, of course, doesn't have an external safety.
Thanks for the advice....and look forward to the forum. Be safe out there gang...and watch your '6.

:patriot: MP (Ret) 95B :txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carrying Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2

Post by jmra »

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone familiar with that model will be along shortly.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

Depending on weather and dress, I switch between a Taurus PT709 and a PT111 MilPro. I know folks from the Taurusarmed forum that carry with the safety off and I don't think any of them have shot themselves in the foot, at least not literally ....... I do use the safety from practice and old habit. It is in the same place on both guns so my thumb hits it automatically when I draw. I have a couple of other Taurus pistols and I like the almost identical placement of the thumb safety on the various models.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

koine2002 wrote:I carry a PT-709 with an external safety. I holster it with the safety engaged. When it's holsters, I disengage the safety. I've done this for a while. I believe it's the same trigger pull.
:iagree: that's how I do it. Never had any issues carrying without the safety engaged on my Slim.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

TXRuger

Post by TXRuger »

I carry the PT145 Pro 3rd gen which is very similar to the PT140 G2 with 1 in the chamber and safety ON.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Have you seen this link yet
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
MP(Ret)95B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Rotor:
Saw that link and article.
Mine is the PT140 G2.
As I read, Taurus had fixed the problem with the earlier PT140.
Thanks all for your input. With the LONG trigger pull of the PT140 I think it's probably OK to carry without the external safety engaged.
Much more trigger "engagement" than the Glock 23 that I carried for years.
<MP> :txflag:

Return to “New to CHL?”