Holster suggestions for women

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Lauren3323
Posts in topic: 4

Holster suggestions for women

Post by Lauren3323 »

I'm hoping to find some women on here that can suggest an IWB holster. I ordered the IWB holster from The Well Armed Woman because it had great reviews, but I don't like the clamshell style. Every draw rips it from my belt, even with the so called Ulti-clip that grips everything. Any women out here that can recommend a comfortable IWB holster that covers the trigger guard but is easy on the draw? Thanks in advance. I'll take suggestions from men as well.

Topic author
Lauren3323

Re: Holster suggestions for women

Post by Lauren3323 »

Sorry just found the ladies forum. Should I post there instead?

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Taypo »

My wife is using a Galco Vhawk. It's a leather IWB - she likes it a lot now that it's broken in.

Topic author
Lauren3323

Post by Lauren3323 »

Does she appendix carry or where?

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Lauren3323 wrote:Does she appendix carry or where?
Strong side, around 3-4 o'clock. Neither of us carries small enough for appendix.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have a Kusiack, I love it. I carry an LCP.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jbcummings
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbcummings »

My wife uses a White Hat Holster Minituck for her Sig P938 and a Maxtuck for her STI VIP .45.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

If you like the holster itself and your able to remove the "clip" buy a belt loop from someone like Raven Concealment or Comp Tac Holsters. Replace the clip with the loop.

I do not use holsters with the "clip" because of the very reason you stated in can come completely off. With the belt loop it stays in place.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

http://www.cancanconcealment.com/

Lady at the gun range/store I go to uses this (hip hugger one).
NRA Benefactor Member

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

My wife has tried a few but has settled on a Sticky Holster as her overall favorite. She carries an M&P Shield 9mm and says the holster is the most comfortable she's tried, and always stays in place.

http://www.stickyholsters.com/
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My wife has a Comp-Tac Infidel for her Kimber Ultra Carry. She also has a leather belt holster for the same gun. Of course, the battle is getting her to wear one of them rather than sticking it in a hijacker's bug-out bag (a/k/a purse).

Chas.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Holsters are a very personal thing -- as personal or more than the firearm in them -- so your mileage may vary. From your post, it would seem that you are looking for IWB, comfort, and the ability to draw relatively easily (ability to draw gun from holster rather than gun AND holster). What is your preferred position on the belt (appendix, strong-side, small of back, cross-draw)? Is the holster you already have meeting all criteria except the ability to draw easily? If so, is the retention adjustable via screw (keep in mind that loosening the "hold" the holster has on the gun may make trips to the restroom more interesting)?

My wife, DividedAttention on this site, uses three different hybrid holsters similar to the Comp-Tac M-Tac zero cant for three different pistols carried AIWB (appendix in the waistband), and finds them both comfortable and relatively easy to draw from. The latter attribute is facilitated by the adjustability of the holsters. She has the ability to adjust the "hold" on the gun so that they have just enough retention to minimize surprises when using the facilities. Bear in mind that for IWB holsters part of the retention "hold" on the gun is due to how tight the clothing/belt is. Ideally, a good holster should not let a gun simply escape when the belt isn't cinched up, but will still allow a good draw when the belt is cinched up.

I'm not sure what neck of the woods you hail from, but my wife heads up a women's shooting group in the Spring/Woodlands area, and they have sessions occasionally to discuss and try on different carry options. PM me (or her) if you'd be interested in more information about the group.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
Lauren3323

Post by Lauren3323 »

Thanks everyone! I'm in the San Antonio area. I will be carrying a S&W M&P Shield 9mm somewhere around 4-5 o'clock as soon as my plastic arrives. I do somewhat like the holster I have so I might try to replace the clip with a loop and see how that goes. I'll definitely be looking into all of your suggestions, thanks again!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I should have said on my post that I carry cross-draw. It's more comfortable to me. Play around with positions.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “New to CHL?”