Recently Moved to Texas

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
sass2924
Posts in topic: 3

Recently Moved to Texas

Post by sass2924 »

Well just moved in from CA and I am going to be taking a CHL class in about a week. Already been looking for a holster so I can hit the ground running. Looking forward to the forum to learn the ins and outs of carrying in TX. John

MONGOOSE
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Recently Moved to Texas

Post by MONGOOSE »

I love Crossbreed.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Topbuilder »

Welcome to Texas! Enjoy your new freedoms. :patriot:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Topbuilder »

If you are like most of us, you will end up with a drawer full of "options", eventually. :oops: Kangaroo Carry should be one of them.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Welcome to Texas, John. Carry options abound and each person seems to find a certain fit. Some folks' daily attire allows for OWB holster options whereas others' don't. For me, IWB strong-side works with a hybrid (Kydex and Leather) holster. Crossbreed has already been mentioned on this thread but there are also other similar options like Comp-Tac, which I own and use, and others. For IWB, having the belt clips/loops offset to the sides of the holster body spreads the weight on the belt, and many of these options allow for tucking a shirt over the holstered pistol. I went with the Comp-Tac M-Tac five years ago, use it all the time and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Best of luck in your search.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

John, welcome to your new life. Having moved here 4 1/2 yrs ago I believe you will like it. By far, more manners & common sense than Cali. :cheers2:

Topic author
sass2924

Post by sass2924 »

I lived in CA all of my life 50+ years. It just became a miserable place to live, ie politics. I really don't see that changing. I had the opportunity to move with my company and so far so good.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sass2924 wrote:I lived in CA all of my life 50+ years. It just became a miserable place to live, ie politics. I really don't see that changing. I had the opportunity to move with my company and so far so good.
Where in California? I moved here from Pasadena in 2006.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
sass2924

Post by sass2924 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sass2924 wrote:I lived in CA all of my life 50+ years. It just became a miserable place to live, ie politics. I really don't see that changing. I had the opportunity to move with my company and so far so good.
Where in California? I moved here from Pasadena in 2006.
La Habra Heights, just north of La Habra. Seal Beach before that.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Hey Sass, welcome to Texas. :txflag:

I carry a Glock 19 AIWB with the Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 2. That's a pretty minimalist system, which suits the AIWB position pretty well, and the Glock stands up well to perspiration. I wear a untucked polo shirt or T-shirt almost all the time, so this works out well. The Vanguard 2 is not terribly expensive either, $35, and it has a couple options for attaching it.

Best wishes and good luck on the holster hunt.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “New to CHL?”