Your thoughts on the "cell phone / IWB" holster

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
doncb
Posts in topic: 3

Your thoughts on the "cell phone / IWB" holster

Post by doncb »

My situation is that I go to a lot of hospitals every day for work and have to wear my shirts tucked in. Obviously can't carry in the hospital. I carry 2 cell phones (work and personal). Having one of the combination cell phone / IWB holsters is attractive since I could carry when I could and disarm when needed without having to having to have a 3rd something hanging off of my belt. I carry a SIG P238 or a P64.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of holster?
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Your thoughts on the "cell phone / IWB" holster

Post by oohrah »

I have one from ultimateconcealedcarry.com. I have found it very convenient when not wearing a jacket (I prefer OWB). But I carry a Ruger LCP, which is very flat and small, so it is not uncomfortable. I suspect a larger handgun might be.

It is not as easy to draw quickly from this since it is buried, so I recommend some practice.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

glockenhand
Banned

Post by glockenhand »

For a hospital to be off limits, it must be properly posted. I've looked at that type of system before, but have opted to keep them separate. A good gun belt and holster will conceal just fine in the scenario you've described.

roadkill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roadkill »

I carry my G27 in an Ituck by Tuffproducts.com works just like you said, easy off and on and no need to retuck your shirt every time you remove/add the holster. IMO its a good option for the situation you describe where you might have to arm/disarm several times through out the day

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I used to have a pager pal which is similar to the product you describe. I found the one size fits all design never fit or held my gun properly or securely.

I use a comptac-mtac IWB tuckable holster and it works well when I have to wear a shirt tucked in and also when I have to disarm. I can disarm and tuck the shirt back over the holster and easily rearm. The only problem is the belt clips are noticeable. Although no one has ever noticed them and if they did they never said anything.

Re-tucking my shirt is a pain but it's the best trade off between carrying my normal carry or something lesser.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Cowboyhockey14

Post by Cowboyhockey14 »

roadkill wrote:I carry my G27 in an Ituck by Tuffproducts.com works just like you said, easy off and on and no need to retuck your shirt every time you remove/add the holster. IMO its a good option for the situation you describe where you might have to arm/disarm several times through out the day

Just watched the video of the Ituck. Looks pretty cool

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

On the very few occasions I needed to have a tucked in shirt I carried a Sig P938 in an ankle holster. Not ideal, but not obvious either.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

How does your work feel about you carrying? How do you secure your gun in your vehicle while going into the hospitals?

Topic author
doncb

Post by doncb »

The Wall wrote:How does your work feel about you carrying? How do you secure your gun in your vehicle while going into the hospitals?
Don't ask, don't tell. :evil2: Nothing in the company policy manual about it which is nice. Unfortunately, every hospital I go to is properly posted. I'm looking for something that I can fairly easily remove my gun, put it in the under seat box and retrieve it when I get back in the car.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

doncb wrote:
The Wall wrote:How does your work feel about you carrying? How do you secure your gun in your vehicle while going into the hospitals?
Don't ask, don't tell. :evil2: Nothing in the company policy manual about it which is nice. Unfortunately, every hospital I go to is properly posted. I'm looking for something that I can fairly easily remove my gun, put it in the under seat box and retrieve it when I get back in the car.
I have a safe mounted under the back seat in my truck. Fort Knox Pistol safe.

http://www.ftknox.com/product/original-pistol-box/

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

You might want to consider the Kangaroo Carry or a 5.11 holster shirt. Not the easiest to get to but they tuck the gun up under your arm out of the way. To disarm you just need to unbutton a button or two and stash it in your vehicle.

Kangaroo Carry http://www.kangaroocarry.com/
5.11 Holster Shirt http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

How about a 3 Speed Holster?
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

troglodyte wrote:You might want to consider the Kangaroo Carry or a 5.11 holster shirt. Not the easiest to get to but they tuck the gun up under your arm out of the way. To disarm you just need to unbutton a button or two and stash it in your vehicle.

Kangaroo Carry http://www.kangaroocarry.com/
5.11 Holster Shirt http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html
I have that 5.11 shirt. It's a snug fit and is too hot in the summer IMO. I used mine a handful of times and now it sits in the closet. I might wear it again but only in the winter.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

mr1337 wrote:How about a 3 Speed Holster?
I don't know if I could be mentally comfortable with that.
Gun rule #1 is don't point your gun at anything you don't want to shoot. :shock:

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Countryside wrote:
mr1337 wrote:How about a 3 Speed Holster?
I don't know if I could be mentally comfortable with that.
Gun rule #1 is don't point your gun at anything you don't want to shoot. :shock:
Mine is still on the way, but I think in "deep concealment" mode, it's not pointed at your valuables.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Return to “New to CHL?”