Arrested for Window Tint...Include disposition?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
houstonag
Posts in topic: 8

Arrested for Window Tint...Include disposition?

Post by houstonag »

As the subject states, I was arrested in 2012 and my charge (as it states on the county record search) was "Excessive Window tint", which is obviously a Class C Misdemeanor. I wish I was making this up.

I reported this arrest on my application that I submitted on the 6th (all other docs/fees are in as well).

My question: Does anyone think I should submit a certified disposition from the court for this?

I don't want this process to take any longer than it has to just because some cop was having a bad day and took me in for window tint.

Thanks.
Last edited by houstonag on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Arrested for Window Tint...Include disposition?

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum.

Did they just take you in and make you pay a fine? or did you actually get fingerprinted and photographed?

If the later, then yes, you need to list the arrest and get a copy of the disposition showing it was resolved. If you just went in and paid a fine, then you shouldn't have to list it.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I am far from being a lawyer but I don't think that would disqualify you from receiving your LTC. I am just curious as to what jurisdictions are actually arresting for this? We simply issued citations or warnings to get it removed. :???:

Since this is a class C misdemeanor and would fall under the same category as if you were arrested for any equipment violation (yes they are arrestable offenses) I wouldn't think there would be a need for a disposition, but someone with more legal expertise may disagree.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Search incident to arrest. Did the LEOs ask to search and you declined?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
houstonag

Post by houstonag »

Keith B wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Did they just take you in and make you pay a fine? or did you actually get fingerprinted and photographed?

If the later, then yes, you need to list the arrest and get a copy of the disposition showing it was resolved. If you just went in and paid a fine, then you shouldn't have to list it.
I was fingerprinted and photographed. I was in there for 6 hours maybe..

Topic author
houstonag

Post by houstonag »

nightmare69 wrote:Search incident to arrest. Did the LEOs ask to search and you declined?
I was completely cooperative. I was in college at the time and on my way home from class in the middle of the day when it happened. I let him search to his heart's content. No resisting at all. The worst thing I said was "Seriously?" when he said I was going to jail.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 6

Post by GlassG19 »

houstonag wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Search incident to arrest. Did the LEOs ask to search and you declined?
I was completely cooperative. I was in college at the time and on my way home from class in the middle of the day when it happened. I let him search to his heart's content. No resisting at all. The worst thing I said was "Seriously?" when he said I was going to jail.
I'm speechless! :confused5
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Just curious, why would one get arrested for declining a search without a warrant???? If this is what happened, there should be some job openings. I do realize there is more than one side to a story. If this is exactly so, I would think the OP ran into one of the very few LEOs that do not realize that they were granted authority so that they can serve the citizens and not so they could be the boss of the citizen.
Just sayin
Last edited by twomillenium on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like that was one bored cop. I would obtain the disposition document and send it in just in case. That way IF they need it they will have it and you won't be delayed by sending snail mail back and forth.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

houstonag,

I had two class "c" arrests from a long time ago and I was not asked to provide any information by DPS. I don't have my plastic yet but I did get a verbal confirmation of approval last Thursday. So it looks like I will not have to provide anything.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the agent that handles your file won't request some additional information regarding the disposition of your case.

Never hurts to be prepared though. If you have the disposition, you may as well send it in. If you don't have it yet then request the info from the county in question.

Cheers!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Breny414 wrote:houstonag,

I had two class "c" arrests from a long time ago and I was not asked to provide any information by DPS. I don't have my plastic yet but I did get a verbal confirmation of approval last Thursday. So it looks like I will not have to provide anything.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the agent that handles your file won't request some additional information regarding the disposition of your case.

Never hurts to be prepared though. If you have the disposition, you may as well send it in. If you don't have it yet then request the info from the county in question.

Cheers!
Breny, Did you disclose those on your application? If not, did you consider since it was a class "c" it was not necessary?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

So, LEO makes contact with you because of your tint. You comply and are cooperative. LEO places you under arrest?

What am I missing?

Welcome to the Forum!

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

mojo84 wrote:
Breny414 wrote:houstonag,

Cheers!
Breny, Did you disclose those on your application? If not, did you consider since it was a class "c" it was not necessary?
I did not disclose them on my app but I should have. The app was asking for pretty specific information - like dates, final disposition, etc - which I did not have, and couldn't find via a county search. Turns out I could have put approximate dates and that would have been fine. Not sure if that caused a processing delay or not, but I a approaching 60 days since submittal and should receive it this week.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 6

Post by GlassG19 »

parabelum wrote:So, LEO makes contact with you because of your tint. You comply and are cooperative. LEO places you under arrest?

What am I missing?

Welcome to the Forum!
:iagree: , I'm still speechless! :confused5
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

I thought mine was bad.

I was thrown in jail for throwing a cigarette out my window when it was raining.

Return to “New to CHL?”