Will work history and address specific dates be problem when trying to get CHL?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Ewik548
Posts in topic: 2

Will work history and address specific dates be problem when trying to get CHL?

Post by Ewik548 »

Hello so I am brand new to the CHL community and I am very excited to get my CHL but when filling out online app I had a few concerns. First off it asking for 5 years of job history. So I have Been at same job for past 4 years but the year previous I was between jobs and can't remember exact dates when's of employment at job I did have. I was bussing tables and only there a few months max. Would this be a problem for dps if the Time frame Was off from my job history basically over 4 years ago? Same goes for 5 year of pass address. I have probably lived 6 different places the past 5 years sometimes with friends not even being on a lease?? Would this in anyway disqualify me from getting my CHL?? I of course have nothing to hide but I just don't know if I can be 100% accurate with dates and such. Any advice will help. Thanks

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Will work history and address specific dates be problem when trying to get CHL?

Post by Jusme »

I wouldn't think it will be a problem, it's been a couple of years since I got my plastic, and I don't remember how specific the question regarding employment was, but I think if you at least have an approximate month and year it should be good. As far as residency, it should only matter what address you had on your DL. if you changed it every time you moved, you will probably need all of the info, if not then just the address you had on your DL during that time should suffice.

This should not be taken as legal advice, but just my opinion.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jago668

Re: Will work history and address specific dates be problem when trying to get CHL?

Post by Jago668 »

I'd go with Jusme on this one. Just list as close as you can on the job, and just list what you had on your DL.
NRA Benefactor Member

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Probably the most important thing is that there aren't any gaps in your work history.
NRA lifetime member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Your current address has to be accurate and if you move you have to update your LTC. Give DPS a call and ask them. Tell them you don't have exact dates for employment but can approximate month and year. Do the same with your addresses. Have you tried to notify the place of employment for dates? Call friends you stayed with and get their addresses. Just don't make up anything. It's better to say you don't know than lie about it.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I did my best guess - I know approx when all of my moving and dates happened. That"s what I put on my app and had no problems.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Ewik548
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ewik548 »

Y'all guys have been awesome. Yeah I pretty much know for the most part the dates I just might be off by a month or two so I might give them a call and just try my best to list them without any gaps. Thanks for all the replies and help it is much appreciated!!

greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

I'm terrible with dates. I mean awful. I used months and year and got as close as I honestly could. I actually had forgotten one of the house numbers and just used street, city and zip. I had no problems what so ever.
In Sig I trust.

Return to “New to CHL?”