Finally got started

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mouse52
Posts in topic: 4

Finally got started

Post by mouse52 »

Well, finally pulled the trigger so to speak , went online a week ago today and started process for my wife and myself, paid the money tues got fingerprints done , How do I check progress or will it even start not until I submit everything?Forgive me if being ignorant but tried to look thru here and see but computer skills and typing are very lacking. Mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Finally got started

Post by Pawpaw »

There is no place to check or track status.

The only thing you can do is go here and log in as a returning user. When you see the ability to change your address and report a lost or stolen license, the check is in the mail. Some people receive the license before those options appear.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
mouse52

Post by mouse52 »

Thank you much, been wondering if I'm too much in hurry or just need to smell the coffee. Thanks again,Mike

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Howdy.... and welcome.

I'm currently waiting for my LTC here is TX as well after just moving here 7 months ago (I have carried in other states). The process will really not start for you until all your supporting documents (CH-100 form, DD-214 if applicable or any LE documentation for past non-disqualifying offenses) have been uploaded into the system, which will be signified by (in most cases) a confirmation email from RSD (the division that handles LTC apps). Then...... Nada, until the website changes as described above, or you receive your "plastic" in the mail. Whichever comes first.

I warn you though, it could be a long wait. Apparently there has been a HUGE uptick in apps lately and the waits are running from 45-70 days, with no rhyme or reason as to whether you'll have a short wait, or long one. I received my conformation email in Mid-January (about 40 days ago) and most of the folks currently receiving there plastic right now are people who receive confirmation at the end of December, with a few early Januarys sprinkled in. The way I figure, I can reasonably expect to get mine anytime between next week and next month..... with literally NO CLUE as to whether it will be short or longer. And I have a squeaky clean record.

In the meantime, come on over to the "waiting room" section of this site, which was set up for folks just like us who are in waiting. It's a place to grip about how long the process takes, fantasize bout our upcoming "wally walk", or simply just cheer on your fellow "newbies" as we "graduate" to our LTC and head out into the real world. I must admit, while I don't post a TON, it's fun to watch the dates go by and watching people with confirmation dates closer to my own get their license. Or at least, it's better than idling away the time by in solitary misery. :thumbs2:

Topic author
mouse52

Post by mouse52 »

Yes I have been a long time in the process of deciding whether or not to get carry then finally my bride said lets do it, well so here we are in line got to get school then submit all paperwork I guess then wait see you in waiting room thanks much,Mike

PhilBob

Post by PhilBob »

I just got started, too. Completed my application last Friday, 2/26. Fingerprints are scheduled for this Thursday afternoon, 3/3. My LTC class and range qualification are scheduled for 3/13. I have already scanned a copy of my DD-214 to document my veteran status and reduced fee. I know the wait is lengthy but I am already getting anxious. ;-)

Topic author
mouse52

Post by mouse52 »

Kinda looks like we are in line together Phil so I guess welcome aboard and lets get together in waiting room and get in line like everyone else guess we all picked the time to go but better late than never :patriot:

Return to “New to CHL?”