New Purse!!!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
NutterButters
Posts in topic: 2

New Purse!!!

Post by NutterButters »

While I am waiting for my CHL application to be processed, I started looking for purses - specifically I was looking for one that had a zippered pocket large enough to fit a firearm. Now, after spending some time reading this forum, I know that carrying in a purse is not the preferred method for a ccw, but it is what I am comfortable with at this point in time; I just don't work in a n environment where I can stay holstered throughout the day.

So finding a purse ccw is my best option for right now. I didn't really think that I was asking for much, but the pickings out there for my specific purpose were quite slim! I wasn't happy with the design of the purses made specifically for cc, so I had to go shopping for it. What made it harder was the fact that I couldn't just carry the Sig around with me at Macy's and try stuffing it into various purses to see if it would work. After weeks of searching, I finally found it!

It is an antique leather bag made by Hobo International, and measures 15" x 9" x 5". That is a Glock 19 that I have pictured next to it. The last picture shows that it pretty much just slips into the bag!

I still need to get a holster sewn into the lining of that pocket. Any recommendations for getting this done in the Houston area?
Attachments
6182009 006.jpg
6182009 008.jpg
6182009 009.jpg
05/23/2009 - CHL class
05/26/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/28/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/07/2009 - PIN Received
10/26/2009 - Plastic in Hand

CompVest
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Purse!!!

Post by CompVest »

Well done! As a fellow purse carrier I know how hard it is to find the right one. By the way purse carry is far better and quicker access then some of our fellow member know or care to admit. the only real drawback is that a BG could get your purse.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I am also a purse carrier. I have 2 different Galco bags and one by Coronado Leather. I also have a laptop bag that I got at a gun show, but I don't know the manufacturer.

The gun you carry in your purse is far better than the one you left at home, because it wasn't comfortable!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Texas10X

Post by Texas10X »

Hi, Nutterbutters! I know you are happy to have found one you like! Regarding adding the holster, I imagine it would be difficult to try to sew the Velcro into the lining after the purse was assembled, and I don't think I would trust having it only glued. However, maybe you will be able to find someone who can add your holster securely inside. Good luck and let us know how you solve this!
Last edited by Texas10X on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My wife got something like that recently for herself - an American Hobo bag from Coronado Leather. She carries it all the time now.

:tiphat: to Crossfire for the suggestion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
NutterButters
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NutterButters »

Thanks for the comments & advice!
05/23/2009 - CHL class
05/26/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
05/28/2009 - Paperwork Received
07/07/2009 - PIN Received
10/26/2009 - Plastic in Hand

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

NutterButters,

See below if you need to have leather work done i.e., having a leather holster sewn in your purse.

I think they also have other facilities in the Houston area. I've always used the shop on Airline Dr.

Good folks, do good work at fair cost.

Oh yeah, parking is in back and it's rather tight so I wouldn't drive a duelly there...

Jesse's Shoe Repair
8806 Airline Drive,
Houston, TX 77037
(281) 445-9791

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

a quick search on yahoo turned up this page, it looks nice

http://ccwpurse.com/
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm normally not a purse carrier because it's so difficult to find something that's both functional and looks nice. I did happen to find a large purse, which will be used as a diaper bag soon, that has the perfect gun pocket until I can get into normal-people clothes again.

CompVest has mentioned that she likes Fossil bags; I do too. They hold up well for the price. If you can get one with the extra compartment, it can make a great gun purse.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Ladies”