M&P .40 compact.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

M&P .40 compact.

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Ladies,
My wife owns a M&P .40 compact. I am wondering do they make pink replacement grips for this gun?

We really support the breast cancer awareness and if they had some with the pink ribbon that would be perfect but pink will do just fine.

Thank you all for your help!

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

mgood
Posts in topic: 1

Re: M&P .40 compact.

Post by mgood »

M&P9 - JG
I'm thinking the pink backstrap is available separately, but I can't find it on S&W's website at the moment.
(If it is available, it will fit your M&P40 as that's the same frame as the M&P9 pictured.)
Note the ribbon on the slide. I've seen one where that was colored in with pink. I think that was on Julie's personal gun, but it wouldn't be difficult to do.
(The JG in the model name means this is Julie Goloski-Golob's signature pistol.)

EDIT: Woops. This is the full-size M&P. Not sure if I've seen the pink for the compact M&P or not.

CompVest
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CompVest »

S&W don't make any other color backstraps for their compact M&Ps. I have sent them emails requesting they consider offering different colors - yellow, pink, blue...

I would suggest that you do the same. The more interest there is the more apt they are do this. In the mean time there are some very good plastic paints out there. I haven't tried any yet but I am thinking about it.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

Thank you very much for the help and info!

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Do consider the Teflon coating as an option. I had the slide of one of my guns done in red. It has held up quite well. If you send me a PM I know of somepone that does a lot of work on polymer frames. He might be able to do a pink grip.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MoJo »

Speed Shooter Specialties has aftermarket backstraps for M&P pistols I didn't see pink. Saw some with a great texture though. http://speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I decided to try some Krylon "fusion" spray paint on one of my spare back straps. I bought some bright blue and sprayed two coats it looks great and even better on the gun. Fusion is available in a number of colors including pink. About $6 a can at Ace Hardware and a little cheaper at WallyWorld.

Midway has replacement back straps if you should want a black one too.

I think you should buy her the M&P JG that's what I got my wife. :thumbs2:
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

I tried to talk her into letting me get her another pistol...but she wont have it :mad5

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

No! She won't let you get another pistol! Wait were you going to get her another pistol in addition to her compact or to replace it?

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:I tried to talk her into letting me get her another pistol...but she wont have it :mad5
E D.45 you don't understand, Get her the M&P JG to go along with her M&P .40 compact. Besides, a portion of the purchase price goes to Breast Cancer Awareness.

Never, never, try to take a woman's favorite pistol away from her - - - You'll be sleeping with Fido if you do. :evil2: "rlol"
George Mason

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:Ladies,
My wife owns a M&P .40 compact. I am wondering do they make pink replacement grips for this gun?

We really support the breast cancer awareness and if they had some with the pink ribbon that would be perfect but pink will do just fine.

Thank you all for your help!
Dale from Grip Reductions, the guy I mentioned in a previous post does do pink. He does four shades! She could have pink camo done to her gun.

He has given me permission to post his contact info.

http://www.gripreductions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
daleh225@sbcglobal.net

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

NO NO NO NO, that is her first pistol. She cannot get rid of it.

I want to get her one to GO WITH IT.

sorry for the confusion.

Im all for buying more guns! Im not to big on getting rid of them tho, I already paid for them...I want to keep them :mrgreen: .

She just insists that she does not need a second gun :nono: .

Return to “Ladies”