San Antonio

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
auntjujubee
Posts in topic: 2

San Antonio

Post by auntjujubee »

I am a new CHLady in San Antonio looking for other "gals' to shoot with...
I've been going to the range about twice a month, the "guys" are all cordial but I'm not willing to invite more than a friendly howdy. It would be real nice to be with other women to share experiences and conversation. If you are in the San Antonio vacinity and feel the same way let me know and maybe we can meet up at a range sometime. :fire
GOD Bless Ameica and the 2nd Amendment.

CompVest

Re: San Antonio

Post by CompVest »

I am not in your area but I was at a guns how there earlier this year and there were several women that were interested in a ladies only class or get together.

I suggest that you pick a range, day, and time, make a flyer, and post it at the ranges near you.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

It has been some time since I was there, but the Bullet Hole Range on Groesenbacher had a young lady (I seem to recall her name was Hester? Something like that?) who seemed to be THE person running the show. I got the impression it was her and her dad operating the business. If you haven't been there, you might stop by and talk with her - they run a lot of different "leagues" there for shooting purposes, she might help you take Compvest's idea and start a ladies league or night or whatever. Not knocking other ranges, just I used to go to this one, and remember this gal.

Here is their website: http://www.bullethole.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
auntjujubee

Post by auntjujubee »

Thanx for the suggestions. I just spent about an hour at the Bullet Hole web site, following links, etc. Seems like just what I've been looking for. Although Google says I am 27.6 miles away, I intend to go over there for a look around.
I have been going to a range called "A Place to Shoot" which is 13.5 miles west on the car odometer. Also have been to another range east of town out I-10 just outside 1604, don't know the name of it...it's about the same distance from the house.
Posting a flyer is a great idea if the range management will help collect data about interested folk. I don't feel comfortable posting my contact info without any way to screen the good guys from the crazy's. OH ! I just realized you mean that I should post a meeting time and see who comes. OKAY...that's what I'll do.

Meanwhile if any of y'all on the east end of S.A. are willing to get together please e-mail.
Thanx again for the good sugestions.

P.S.: No I am not blonde, just a little ole lady one cup low of morning coffee and having small brain farts! :oops:
GOD Bless Ameica and the 2nd Amendment.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

auntjujubee,

I am willing to help you in any way I can to get a woman's group going in San Antonio. I know there is interest due to the conversations I had with women at a Gun Show I worked a few months ago.

If you would like to talk send me a PM and I will send you contact info.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

cwohardy

Post by cwohardy »

If you are still checking this thread.......................I would be more than happy to meet up with you for some range time! let me know here or a PM!

Return to “Ladies”