Signed up for CHL class! Friend loaned me a semi

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Texas PI Mom
Posts in topic: 4

Signed up for CHL class! Friend loaned me a semi

Post by Texas PI Mom »

Finally got the info on the class and am signed up to take it November 6. My father-in-law and a few people from work are going to join me. Looking forward to it!

A guy at work brought me one of his Glock 9MM today to try out and see if I want to use it for the class. Still trying to figure out exactly which one it is to tell you guys and ask about. All I see on it is Glock 26 Austria 9x19 and I think he said something about night sights. Make sense to anyone? Anyone have this gun?

TIA!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Signed up for CHL class! Friend loaned me a semi

Post by Crossfire »

You have a Glock model 26. That is also known as the "Baby Glock". It is a subcompact in 9mm.

Very fine handgun for the CHL class, and for carry. I do hope you have the grip extension on the magazine so you will have a little more to hold onto.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cobra Medic »

I think a model 17 or 19 is easier to shoot for the class, especially if the student doesn't have a lot of experience, but the 26 is a good carry gun.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Texas PI Mom wrote: All I see on it is Glock 26 Austria 9x19 and I think he said something about night sights. Make sense to anyone? Anyone have this gun?
Never heard of it. :coolgleamA:

just kidding. :biggrinjester:

Good luck with your class!
Be sure to practice a little first. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
Texas PI Mom

Post by Texas PI Mom »

Crossfire wrote:You have a Glock model 26. That is also known as the "Baby Glock". It is a subcompact in 9mm.

Very fine handgun for the CHL class, and for carry. I do hope you have the grip extension on the magazine so you will have a little more to hold onto.
Yuppers on the extension. Good to know it's a good one for the class.

Topic author
Texas PI Mom

Post by Texas PI Mom »

USA1 wrote:
Texas PI Mom wrote: All I see on it is Glock 26 Austria 9x19 and I think he said something about night sights. Make sense to anyone? Anyone have this gun?
Never heard of it. :coolgleamA:

just kidding. :biggrinjester:

Good luck with your class!
Be sure to practice a little first. :tiphat:
Oh, yeah. Called my FIL first thing when I got home to see if he was free this weekend. ;)

Topic author
Texas PI Mom

Post by Texas PI Mom »

Cobra Medic wrote:I think a model 17 or 19 is easier to shoot for the class, especially if the student doesn't have a lot of experience, but the 26 is a good carry gun.
If it doesn't work out, I can borrow my PI mentor's gun that he's offered. He said 5-6 people have used it to pass their tests. Not sure exactly what he has but it sounds very similar. I'll see if it's a 17 or 19.
Thanks!

HarleyDave

Post by HarleyDave »

Texas PI Mom.. Congratulations on the class upcoming on Nov 6. Just make sure with the borrowed gun, practice some with it, moreso, to learn how to clear a jam, if it would happen which I doubt since it is a Glock :lol: and just know how to use it for the shooting portion of the class. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck, relax and enjoy!
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer
Her Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 9 XD SC, Sig P238 {Liberty}

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

HarleyDave wrote:Texas PI Mom.. Congratulations on the class upcoming on Nov 6. Just make sure with the borrowed gun, practice some with it, moreso, to learn how to clear a jam, if it would happen which I doubt since it is a Glock :lol: and just know how to use it for the shooting portion of the class. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck, relax and enjoy!
The un-jammable Glock is a myth. They are very reliable, but (as a group) they can occasionally jam, just like any other reliable semi-automatic pistol. Their primary advantage is their simplicity of operation (unless you're Plaxico Burress or that fool DEA agent on the youtube video).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

for what its worth I have both a 19 and a 26 imo I like the 26 more.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The un-jammable Glock is a myth. They are very reliable, but (as a group) they can occasionally jam, just like any other reliable semi-automatic pistol. Their primary advantage is their simplicity of operation (unless you're Plaxico Burress or that fool DEA agent on the youtube video).
No matter how simple the design, you still can't make them idiot proof. Someone will just build a better idiot.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

My friend swears that he loaded his Glock mag with all the bullets backwards and still shot Great White sharks underwater.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Return to “Ladies”