Carry Purses

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 4

Carry Purses

Post by ANG201 »

http://www.razzledazzlethem.net/conceal ... sered.aspx

I'm not much on purse carry, but every now and then it's nice to have a nice "bling" conceal carry purse.
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry Purses

Post by Crossfire »

If you carry a gun in a purse that is decorated with a picture of a gun and bullet trim - is it really concealed?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ANG201 wrote:http://www.razzledazzlethem.net/conceal ... sered.aspx

I'm not much on purse carry, but every now and then it's nice to have a nice "bling" conceal carry purse.
That one will get you arrested by TSA: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=50451

The purse in question:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

After taking NRA personal protection outside the home student and instructor classes last week and having to learn how to draw from a purse - - - I'll stick to on body carry thank you.

Don't get me wrong, the purse I was given to use looked really good with my shoes and matched my eyes. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
ANG201

Post by ANG201 »

Actually, I carry a purse now like this one--without my gun (it isn't a concealed carry purse) and I don't think most people even consider that it may have a gun in it. In the ladies world, it's just a cute purse with extra "bling". If this type of purse wasn't in style right now, it might raise a few eyebrows, but for now, it's just one of many with the pistol decoration on the outside.

The link posted above is designed for conceal carry.

I prefer on body carry also (waiting for my Remora) but it's nice to know there are styles available if you ever want to carry in a purse.
Last edited by ANG201 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

Topic author
ANG201

Post by ANG201 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ANG201 wrote:http://www.razzledazzlethem.net/conceal ... sered.aspx

That one will get you arrested by TSA: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=50451
The purse in question:
Image[/quo
te]

Topic author
ANG201

Post by ANG201 »

Just about anything can get you arrested by TSA nowdays. My point here is that there are other alternatives to the purse carry than the plain leather concealed purses that look like they were designed for your grandmother.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The CC purse industry is moving away from the plain purses. They have some cool ones here http://www.guntotenmamas.com/cgi-bin/co ... splay=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Cabella's is carrying the Gun toten mamma's line...a couple of weeks ago we were there, they had a beautiful red purse, really soft leather, worthy of Coronado, I'd love a red one! they also had a fun zebra print, not exactly my style, but for someone else, hey it was cute! Keith's right, Very cute, GTM and others are showing that the gun purses can be cute and fun.

They also had some purses under a different line...I'm trying to remember...maybe it was their own label? these were forest camo ;-) again, not my style, but I have some friends who would love them, they also had this label in brown. seems like they were maybe $10 less?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

I've been carrying in $12.00 off the shelf Walmart purse for about a year and it's perfect for me. It's not made especially to "conceal carry" but it has a separate section in the back of the purse that holds my gun with a cross body strap so it can't be "lifted" off my arm in a purse snatching.

Now...I realize a bad guy is gonna take what he wants, but I want to make it as unattractive as possible so he doesn't WANT it (or think that I have money in it.)

Once I actually started carrying, I found myself using a purse less and less for anything. They can't snatch what I don't have.

The most important thing is....every gal is different and you gotta find what works for you. ;-)

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Ooooh that is very pretty. I'd go for that one CC or not.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

My purse is CC and while not my favorite way, is the only option sometimes. The strap has wire sewn into each side so that they cannot cut the strap so easily. It also has a locking compartment for the holster, fits everything from my 9C, Cobra Snub and P238. Roomy interior and "organizer area" on the front. I will say that sucker is pretty heavy with a 9mm and 2 full mags in it so the across body able strap is greatly appreciated!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

to tell the truth, most of the time, if I carry in a purse, I am putting my LCP in my Miche purse. the purse has a decent size pocket and it's double layered, no one is going to be able to tell and it's heavy enough I can't tell the difference with that little gun. I don't like carrying in the purse for the simple reason that it's easy for me to forget about it (a couple of summers ago I'd gotten lazy about it)...I'm in and out of the military hospital too much for me to forget about a gun in my purse...I've started treated my purse as my 'holster' also, I come home and 'dis-arm' when I'm wearing on body, I've trained myself to 'dis-arm' my purse, that way I have to think about how I'm carrying every time I leave the house...much safer that way.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ANG201 wrote:Just about anything can get you arrested by TSA nowdays. My point here is that there are other alternatives to the purse carry than the plain leather concealed purses that look like they were designed for your grandmother.
Point taken. I was merely harkening back to another thread. My wife carries in a purse most of the time. She owns good holsters for all three of her pistols, and she keeps saying she's going to carry on her body, but she almost never does. Her purse is a Coronado Leather "American Hobo."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ralph_8

Post by Ralph_8 »

Shopping is the only thing that can cheer my wife’s mood anytime. I have bought Coach Handbag for her as a surprise. I know she will be on the top of the world after getting it by me. I hope she will like it too.

Return to “Ladies”